UH-OH

*Above is Liam Ellison.*

CHAPTER-3
UH-OH

Like Christian had asked I hadn't told anyone about our shoot. Not even Liam. I didn't know why but I was nervous about this shoot with him. He was so intimidating and his proximity made me so uncomfortable—in a way I shouldn't be feeling good—I somehow feel I shouldn't be doing this.

But he only asked for half an hour. And he said he'd pay double of what I charged. I mean seriously, what could go wrong? He just wanted some privacy, that's it. And he didn't look like a serial killer either. Not that I know how serial killers looked in real life, but Christian just seemed a little...aloof. With the way he was staring at me, like he was trying to figure me out or trying to get into my head. Like he was anticipating my next move.

But whatever, I had said yes now so I had to go. Ten minutes before Arnold showed up, I had already checked that I had my cell with me and pepper spray—just in case—and went to the car waiting for me.

Like last time, the same gray Mercedes was waiting for me with Arnold standing with a smile. He looked a little wary as he gave me little nod. "Miss Johnson."

"Call me Stella, Arnold. How are you?" I asked.

He smiled nervously. "I'm very well. I hope you're doing okay, too?"

I beamed. "Perfect."

"Please," he motioned me to sit in as he opened the back door for me. Before I settled in, I made sure to peep inside to check if Christian was lingering in the corner like last time or not.

He wasn't.

I was alone.

"Mr. Pierce would meet you at the location." Arnold said.

I nodded as I settled in. I kept my camera on the backseat as Arnold helped me with the tripod. And then off we went. I fidgeted with the hem of my dress as I stared outside.

"You look nervous, Stella." Arnold said.

Was I that transparent?

"No—" I croaked so I cleared my throat, "No, I'm fine."

He handed me a bottle but kept his eyes on the road. "Would you like to have some water?"

I licked my dry lips as I took the bottle. "Thank you."

I took big gulps of water. I didn't know I was that thirsty until I had finished half of it.

"How long would it take to reach there?" I asked Arnold. He glanced back at me through the rear mirror. "Not long. It's just a thirty minutes drive from here."

I nodded. "Where are we going, by the way?"

He pressed his lips and took his eyes off me. "You'll see."

Hmm. Suspense.

I was sure Arnold wasn't in the mood of telling me the location so I went back to watch the buildings disappearing behind me as we drove.

That was when I felt it.

Suddenly my blood went hot. My vision started to blacken. I swayed a little as I caught my head in my palm.

"Arnold?"

He didn't say anything. Everything blurred and I blinked several times to adjust my vision but nothing happened. I swayed again and my body went hot.

"Arnold?" I tried again.

"Don't worry, Stella. Everything is fine."

I heard him before I fell on the backseat and everything went dark.