PLAN TWO

CHAPTER-9
PLAN TWO

Stretching out on one of the sun chairs, I watched as Christian made his way toward the edge of the pool and jumped in elegantly. He always followed the same routine. Two rounds of the butterfly stroke, two rounds of the backstroke, and two rounds of the crawl. Then he repeated everything from the start. He never faltered in his movements throughout the thirty minutes that he swam, and I didn’t read a single word of my book. I couldn’t take my eyes off him, off the muscles in his arms and back as they flexed. It was mesmerizing and beautiful, graceful.

What are you doing, bitch? Stop ogling your tormentor and focus on your plan.

Yes, the plan.

Apparently, there were not two, but three gates in Christian's mansion.

A gate that didn't have electricity running through it. How did I know? I saw it with my own eyes.

Caroline was bringing a basket of bread this morning through that gate when I saw her from my cage's window. But more importantly, it was the ATV by the gate that caught my eye. If I somehow got to the ATV, it'd be easy to get out of his property. He wouldn't be able to catch me.

The gate was nearby the pool area. That's why I had asked Christian to use the pool.

But like the tyrant he was, he asked something for in return.

No, not a kiss. Not that I was going to give it to him even if he had dared to ask.

Something else.

That something being a black one-piece bikini suit that Christian had bought for me.

When he swam toward the ladder, I quickly lifted my book and returned my gaze to the page, but above the edge of the book, I watched Christian getting out and a small shiver trailed up my spine.

After a moment of Christian soaking in the sun—a sight that halted my breath in my throat and sent spears of heat through my body—he headed my way, dripping water. I handed him the towel he'd put down on the sun chair beside mine and tried not to act like I had been secretly watching him the entire time.

Or the gate.

He began drying himself as he asked, "If you didn't want to swim then why did you ask to come here?"

I straightened, "I thought I'd go for a swim but I haven't swam in many years and I wasn't very good at it, so I decided against it."

Christian stared down at me with a puzzled look which almost looked adorable on him. "How do you change your mind so quickly? One minute you're thinking something else but then you go the other way."

I shrugged, "It is what it is."

He sighed like he was tired. I thought he was going to leave when he dropped the towel on the floor but he sat on my chair so that my toe brushed against his naked thigh. I quickly tried to pull my legs back but Christian caught my them and placed it on his thigh, his wet swim trunks tickling my skin. And then he started massaging them.

Holy hell...

Christian rubbed my legs slowly, almost like he was trying to seduce me by giving me a foot job but I was sure that wasn't the case. But when I met his gaze, I was sure that was the case.

His eyes were hodded as he stared at me and I tried not to squirm. I pulled my legs again but that only made him tighten his grip.