EPILOGUE

EPILOGUE

Two weeks later -

"So, I told him to fuck off. If he even dared to look back at my gallery again, I'd call the whole military on him. Not that's possible, but even then." I told Christian.

"But hey, he did leave. So that's a win-win situation."

I looked up at the sky. It was about to rain, I guess. The black clouds thundered, sending a shiver down my body.

"Arnold is growing old. Last night he forgot to bring groceries even when I called him thrice to remind him. But Caroline is okay. She takes care of me like mom did. She said I'm her adopted daughter." I told him again.

I chuckled and then stared down at Christian's ring on my finger. My throat tightened and tears pooled my eyes. I wiped them to stare up at his grave.

We buried Christian in our garden so that he always stayed close.

The doctors told us he had took high dosage of a drug named furosemide, which acted as a poison and caused a sudden cardiac arrest. He also told me that if I had been a little early, then we could've saved him.

I cried a little harder at that.

"You're a liar, you know that, Christian Pierce. You promised me you'd never leave me, yet here we are. I'm here, and you aren't." Tears fell down my cheek and I wiped them again.

I absently carresed the ring on my finger. Arnold gave it to me and said Christian had bought it for me the first time he saw me. I told him I'd never take it off.

He was gone, but I had his ring.

Ironically, I was photographer, but I didn't even have a single picture of my Christian. Just his memory speared in my mind.

I touched his grave. I started living in his house after he was gone. I told mom and Liam that I was fine and I didn't need anything from them. My Christian was here so I wasn't gonna leave him.

It was all my fault. If I hadn't left, then he'd be here. Smiling and telling me what he found new on Google today.

"Will you ever come back?" I asked his grave.

No answer.

I didn't even know why I even tried everyday. Dead people didn't talk. Dead people never came back.

Christian was never coming back.

Daisy let out a whine as she licked Christian's grave, laying her head on it like she could hear him from inside.

"Stella?" Caroline came with an umbrella, looking down at me with a sad smile. It was then I noticed it had started to drizzle.

"We should go inside." She said softly.

I nodded and wiped my cheek and stood up, picking Daisy in my arms.

"I always knew dying was a part of life. I sure wish it wasn't." I took in a deep breath.

I smiled. "I miss you, Christian, and I love you. If there's anything you need, I won't be far away."

I blowed him a kiss and then I turned to leave. Caroline offered me an umbrella but I shook my head and handed her Daisy.

As the cold rain slapped my skin, I went inside with Christian's smile and voice in my head.

He might never come back, but he was always here with me. In my head, in my heart.

I always thought every person in your life teaches you something. My Christian taught me to never take a moment for granted. To cherish everything you have, because once you lose it, there was no point of grieving over it, because it might never come back to you. He also taught me that just because you didn't understand someone's emotions, didn't mean they were invalid. They just mattered in their own way. He taught me to live and love freely.

So, this was the story of me and my Christian, that only I was left behind to narrate.

THE END

*********
Didn't have much to write in the epilogue :/

About new book ahead :)

Comment/vote/share/follow.
Find out our mistakes too :)