MADDEST OBSESSION

CHAPTER-11
MADDEST OBSESSION

Trigger warning: This chapter contains some abusive scenes.

"Caroline, can you take me out in the garden, please? I have nothing to do here." I pleaded next morning when Caroline brought me lunch. She said Christian was busy so he wouldn't be joining me and it was the perfect opportunity to run away.

She hesitated. "Miss Stella, I can't. Mr. Pierce would be mad. You should ask him instead."

"You said yourself, he's busy. I just want to go out, there'd be no harm done in that. You can join me if you want."

She glanced out from the window, the hesitation clear on her face.

"What do you think I'm going to do? Run away? You know very well, I can't. I'd die of electric shock before I even step out of this property."

If she said yes, then at least I'd have a chance to escape. A chance to get back to Liam. No matter what Christian did or says, I can't stay here forever. I wouldn't stay here. Christian would never be able to keep me with him.

While I was busy on planning, Caroline chewed her lip, still looking out from the window. "I'd have to ask Mr. Pierce first."

That'd be a no. He'd never let me out.

"Come on, Caroline," I tried to sound casual, "I haven't made a single attempt to run away in these past days because I know there is no way out. There is no need to disturb Christian. We'd go out for a walk together. Please?"

She licked her lips, considering my suggestion. "If you say so..."

Yes, please, yes.

"But just for half an hour. Then we're coming back in."

I nodded briskly. "Yes, of course."

I'd be out of here before half an hour.

Caroline punched in the code and we went downstairs, through the corridor and into the garden. I had made sure to wear sneakers today, in case I had to run. I scanned around the area once we were out. The ATV was right there. I just wished I was lucky to find it's keys.

"So, don't you get bored here when Arnold is gone?" I asked to distract Caroline as I guided us toward the ATV.

"Oh, no. I don't get bored. I usually go out in the town to see my friends or..." She kept on speaking but I wasn't listening.

Just few more steps and I'd be there.

Caroline kept talking until we reached the ATV. From the corner of my eye, I saw the key was already in.

Perfect.

Now, I just had to get rid of her.

And I knew how very well.

"So, that's what I—"

"I'm so sorry, Caroline." I said as I twisted her hand and pushed her hard to the ground as she fell with a loud shriek. And then I tied her legs with my scarf.