FORGIVENESS

CHAPTER-14
FORGIVENESS

Christian sent me note later when Caroline brought me tea.

Come downstairs with Caroline. I have an offer for you. Just listen and if you're not interested, you can go back to not wanting to see me again.

-Christian

Huh.

That man was stubborn on a whole new level. He wasn't going to give up until I talk to him again. I was planning on not to talk to him ever again, didn't matter if I starved to death but...what did he have to offer? Was he just tempting me or he really had something to give that could be useful?

Don't even think about going to him. You don't know when he'd go psycho again.

Right.

I shouldn't be going to my tormentor. He told me last time that if I made him angry enough, he'd kill me even if he didn't mean to. What if I said something that would trigger him?

But yet here I was, standing in front of the library door with a smiling Caroline beside me.

"Go on. He's waiting for you."

She left me standing there and gathering my courage, I went to open the door when the knob turned and door opened itself to reveal a frowning Christian.

My spine straightened and my hands flexed because he had something in his hand that belonged to me.

My camera.

Christian was frowning down at the object, like he didn't like what he was seeing.

"What are you doing?" I seethed.

His head snapped up and a smile replaced his frown. "You came."

"I didn't have a choice exactly." I snorted.

He opened his mouth to speak but I beat him to it. "Give me my camera back."

At the mention of my camera, his frown came back as he stared down at it. "You have his photos."

I blinked, processing what he was saying when it clicked. Liam. He was talking about Liam's photos.

"He's my fiancé. Of course, I'd have his photos."

His frown deepened. "You shouldn't have his photos. You should have mine. Delete them." My laugh echoed in his study as his gaze came back to me, "I'd never have your photos, Christian. Now give it back to me."

He scratched his jaw, as if contemplating my order. I was about to throw something at him and snatch my camera back when he nodded. "Fine. You can have it back. With...his photos. But you don't get to hide in our room anymore. You'd talk to me again."

I raised my brow, "That was your offer?"

He shook his head. "No. I have something else for you. Something I know you'd like, no matter what."

"What?"

Christian produced a big box from his table and held it out for me. I stared at box with a big white bow on it. "What is it?"

"Open it." He prompted.

I sighed and took the box from him, tore the wrapping and my jaw dropped when I saw what the box had in it.

A camera.

A brand new Canon EOS R5.

The camera Liam had promised he'd buy me as a wedding present.