AT ANY COST

CHAPTER-16
AT ANY COST

LIAM'S POV :-

"She fucking called me with this number!" I slammed my hand on the table as the cop gave me a sympathetic look.

"I understand, Mr. Ellison, but you see, we tried to track this number and it shows that it doesn't even exist. How are we supposed to find out how your girlfriend managed to call you?"

"Do you think I've lost my mind? Stella called me. She told me she has been kidnapped. By her client. I don't know about her client, she hung up on me before she could tell me the name." I clenched my jaw, trying so hard not to break that fucker's face.

The cop sighed. "Look, if you want, I'll try to check again. And I'll go investigate about her clients at her gallery. But Mr. Ellison, I think..." he cleared his throat, "I think you should move on. She clearly wrote in that note—"

I slammed my hand again which gladly shut him up. "Just do your job, Officer. Find my Stella."

He nodded. "I'll inform you as soon as I find something."

Finally that fucker left and I laid back on the couch. What was that Officer trying to imply? Stella did call me. And she sounded so scared. Someone kidnapped her for God's sake. But why? What did they want?

Money?

But they hadn't asked for it yet. Or was it something else? Had Stella been involved into some illegal shit?

No, no.

Stella would never do that.

She was talking about her client. But she hadn't told me about someone new lately.

I rubbed my jaw as I took out the note Stella had left me.

Liam,

I know you wouldn't like to hear this, but I have to go. I can't be with you anymore. I have found someone else and I am so happy with him. I will never return and don't look for me ever again.

-Stella.

This note was so much contrary with what she said on the phone. She told me someone had kidnapped her but here she had written she had found someone else.

Was this all planned? Was someone trying to mess me with me? Trying to make me hate Stella so that I stop looking for her?

My Stella would never do that. She would never cheat on me. She hated cheaters.

But this was written by her and it was her on the phone. And what she told me in this and on that call was just the opposite.

Was Stella trying to mess with me as well? Did she wanted to know whether I was looking for her or not even though she left me? With everything? Not even her single clothing was present in our apartment. If someone had kidnapped her, why would they take her clothes?

And how did anyone not notice someone kidnapping her? Her gallery was in a rush area, somone would have seen her. But then again, maybe she went willingly? Maybe that call was just a fraud?

I held my head in my hands.

What was I supposed to do?

This note or that call? Which one was true?

It's nearly been days since she left. Or had been kidnapped. Whatever.

I phone buzzed in my pants and I quickly grabbed it.

Stella's mom.

"Hey, Aspen." I said.

"What did the Officer say? Did he find something? My Stella? Anything about her?" She asked in a single breath.

I sighed, "No, he didn't. He said the number with which she called doesn't even exists. According to him, I'm making this all up. He thinks Stella never called me. He told me to move on."

There was a silence of few seconds. "She did call you, right, Liam?" Aspen asked silently.

"What?" I drawled, nearly jumping from my place. "Even you don't believe me? Why would I make this all up, Aspen? What would I get from all this?"

"No, I mean...You guys were happy together, right? She wrote that she's leaving you for someone else and all her stuff is gone, too. And now that call..."

I shook my head. "You have to believe me, Aspen. She did call me. She told me a client of hers has kidnapped her. I'm not lying." I sounded border-line desperate.

I heard her let out a breath on the other side. "I do believe you, Liam. I'm just...I want my baby girl back, that's all."

"I want her back, too. She's my fiancée. My future wife. I will bring her back no matter what."

With a humm, Aspen said bye and we were off the phone.

I crushed the note Stella had left me. This was not true.

That phone call was true.

It was my Stella asking for help. And I would bring her back to me. Doesn't matter if I have to fight with everyone else. No one can take her away from me.

I will bring her back at any cost. I just hope it's not too late before I find her.

*****************
A short chapter because we had nothing much to write in Liam's POV :/

By the way, do you all seriously want Liam to find out where Stella is?

Comment/vote/share/follow.
And find out our mistakes too :)