QUESTIONS

*Above is Stella Johnson.*

CHAPTER-2
QUESTIONS

Mom took the news of my engagement way better than I thought. She wasn't mad per se, but she was still not happy that I had told my friends about it before her. Typical mom stuff.

Anyways, I was still on high after my engagement when Liam asked when I wanted a wedding.

Like an actual wedding.

And I kinda freaked out.

I mean, it's not like I didn't want a wedding, it was more like that weren't we too...fast in this? We could wait for a little bit? We were still coping up with our jobs and he wanted to get married and have babies.

One thing I knew. I didn't want to be a mother at twenty-four. I was not ready for that responsibility yet.

With that thought in my mind, I walked in my gallery the next day when Camille came rushing to me.

"Do you know who bought that weird painting?" She asked, a little panicked.

"Yes. A man came last night when I was about to close and bought it."

She sighed, "Thank God. I thought someone stole it. I was so freaked out when I didn't see it this morning."

I smiled but then she scrunched her nose. "Who was stupid enough to buy that weird painting?"

I snorted. "A millionaire hotshot. He came and said he'd buy our most expensive work. He didn't even look at it before he handed me his card."

She wiggled her brows. "Do you have a name? Was he hot?"

I rolled my eyes. "Christian Pierce. He told me he invests in stock marketing. And..." God I really shouldn't say this, "yeah, he was hot."

She let out a low whistle. "A sexy millionaire. I have to see him. Did you get his number?"

"No."

Even if I did, I wouldn't have given it to her. I didn't know why but I didn't like the idea of Camille being with Christian. I mean she was hot. With big amber eyes and dark locks, she looked like a model and no man had ever said no to her, and Christian wouldn't either, she'd have swepted him right off the feet.

She made a face. "Do you think maybe he's famous enough that I could find him on Google?"

"I...don't know." I shrugged.

Without wasting a minute, she quickly took out her phone to Google him obviously. I didn't know why but I stood there as her eyes widened while she stared at the screen.

"Is that him?" She turned her screen for me to watch. And obviously it was him. Again, all black. He was staring down as he adjusted his cuff, mostly his side profile visible.

"Yes," I told her.

She brought her phone back to her eyes. "He's hot. And he only has a single photograph of him on the web. So I can guess he's pretty famous."

Okay, I needed to get out of here.

"Do you think he'd go out with me?"