GESTURES

CHAPTER-10
GESTURES

I didn't see Christian till evening. He didn't invite me to have lunch with him neither did he come to visit.

Instead Caroline was the one who brought lunch and tea to my cage. And a book. At least I had something to do.

Since I didn't have a clock in the room, I think it was around 8 o'clock when my cage opened again.

It wasn't Caroline.

No, it wasn't my tormentor either.

But it was a teddy bear.

A life sized cream colored teddy.

Arnold walked in with it and I watched him place the teddy on the bed in front of me. And the teddy didn't come alone. It came with five boxes of chocolates and a bouquet of roses.

I watched the teddy, it's big eyes staring down at me with a big brown bow around it's neck.

"What is all this?" I asked Arnold.

Arnold cleared his throat and jerked his head towards the teddy's bow. I furrowed my brow, "What?"

"It has a note." That was all he told me before he locked me in again.

For two minutes, I stared at the giant teddy and the chocolate boxes and the bouquet. Was Christian trying to impress me with all these now?

I went for it's bow and found a note tucked in.

I had no intention of making you upset. Please accept my apology.

I'm sorry.

-Christian

Okay. So it was an apology teddy bear. What did that even mean?

I kept the note on the nightstand and stared back at the giant bear on the bed. It ate almost half of the king sized bed.

Guess I could use it as a pillow.

I supported the teddy against the headboard and laid on it.

And then I had my chocolate and enjoyed my book.

An hour later, the door opened again. And in walked another teddy bear. This time, a pink one.

Arnold kept the bear on the bed silently along with another chocolate box and a bouquet of tulips. And then he locked me in again.

I guess it had a note too.

I know you don't have a color preference. But I'm guessing you didn't like the cream one. So I sent a pink one. Girls usually like pink.

I'm sorry.

-Christian

I snorted. What was he going to do? Send me teddy bear's of all colors until I forgive him?

An hour later, I think I might be right.

Because the door opened again and in came a black teddy, which certainly looked like a bear. Arnold placed the black bear beside the pink one so I was surrounded by soft toys.