THE DEVIL WEARS PRADA

CHAPTER-25
THE DEVIL WEARS PRADA

STELLA'S POV :-

"So, you're saying you have been kidnapped and the man who has kidnapped you has brought you here, to Paris?" The lady officer asked me.

Thankfully, she knew how to speak English.

And also thanks to Jesus, I was finally able to run away. The woman at the salon told me that the church had a back door which led straight to the police station. I knew Christian must have figured out till now that I had ran away and he must be looking for me so I didn't have much time either.

"Yes, his name is Christian Pierce. He kidnapped me and kept me locked away in his house until he brought me here a day ago. I have my family in Manhattan. I want you to contact my fiancé. His name is Liam Ellison. You have to hurry before Christian gets here, please."

"Okay, okay." She rummaged through some papers, "So, this man, Christian Pierce, you said, kidnapped you almost a month ago and he hasn't asked for any ransom. So why did he kidnapped you? For human trafficking?" She asked me.

I held back a groan. I knew I almost sounded stupid as I answered her. "No, he isn't going to use me for human trafficking. He kidnapped me because he's...obsessed with me. He's planning a future with me. He wants me to marry him and have his babies, and he says that he didn't have any other way to have me except kidnapping me."

She cocked a brow, looking at me like I had lost my mind. "So...is he a psychopath or something?"

"Yes! He's a psychopath. He told me that himself. He doesn't feel but he feels for me. Now, please would you hurry? I need to call Liam."

She took a once over of me. There was a possibility that she thought I was lying. She obviously didn't buy what I was saying. But then she sighed, "Okay, I'll let you make one call to whoever you want."

I nearly jumped from my seat. "Thank you!"

She handed me the landline and I grabbed it with both hands. I was shaking by the time I dialed Liam's number. At the first ring, I almost cried out with joy.

We're getting out of here, bitch.

"Sweetheart."

My blood went cold.

No.

No.

This couldn't be happening. Not so fast. He couldn't have found me that fast.

Long fingers took the phone from me as I watched, frozen in my seat. Then the same hand cupped my cheek as my face was turned to watch Christian on his knees to be eye level with me.

His forehead was creased, his eyes held something close to worry and panic. And when he caressed my cheek with his thumb, it was then I realized he was shaking. Badly.

"Why did you leave like that? I was worried. I thought...I thought you..." Instead of completing his sentence, Christian leaped to press a kiss on my cheek, then my head, eyes and finally my lips.

Someone cleared their throat and Christian's gaze snapped from mine.

"And you are?" The Officer asked him.