TALES

CHAPTER-8
TALES

If you think I was feeling better to wear clothes to bed, you were wrong. He still slept naked beside me, wrapped all around with his morning wood poking me.

Christian told me he had an urgent matter that required his attention so he'd return in the afternoon.

So here I was, in his room locked up again, with guilt eating at me.

I kissed Christian.

And worse, I liked it.

I cheated on Liam.

On the logical part, a kiss seemed a lot better rather than being naked in his bed all night. But my mind came back to the part where the kiss proved that I cheated on my fiancé, no matter what for.

Christian goaded and provoked me to kiss him and I fell for it. I stupidly fell for it.

I could see it on his face all day that he was over the moon after our kiss.

It was just a stupid kiss, Stella. It didn't mean anything. It won't happen again. At least you wouldn't have to sleep naked with him anymore.

You cheated on Liam, stupid bitch. Admit it, you liked kissing Christian. If you didn't want to kiss him, you'd never have fallen in his trap.

I closed my eyes. I'd tell Liam all about it when I get back. I'd tell him why I did it. I'd tell him that it seemed most logical at that time.

I loved Liam and I had to get back to him. He'd be looking for me. He'd be worried.

Just then, the beeped sounded, enlightening me that someone was entering my cage.

Probably my tormentor.

But no, it wasn't him. It was Caroline with food cart and a big smile on her face like it was normal for her employer to have a girl locked up in his room.

Maybe it was normal. Maybe I was not the first woman to be here. Maybe he did it more often. Maybe he used them and then throw them away. Or worse, kill them.

Is that what he was going to do to me? Kill me when he had his fill and go search for his next prey? Maybe he already had.

So many maybes.

"Good morning." She chirped.

Caroline wasn't a very old woman. She had lines under her eyes and some wrinkles on her cheek which told me she was in early forties. Her brown eyes radiated warmth but who knew if she really was like this. I thought Christian was handsome at first, but look where we were right now.

I didn't greet her back as she turned to set the breakfast on the small table by the window.

"I have made pancakes. I know you like them." She smiled.

"I'm guessing Christian told you that?"

"Yes, of course. Who else would?" She looked at me like I was stupid.

Yes, Caroline, I agree with you. I am stupid.

"Is he here yet?" I didn't need to take his name. She shook her head as she wiped her hands on her apron. "No. He'd be back in the afternoon. He has requested to have lunch with you."