HIM

CHAPTER-5
HIM

I tried to open the windows in the room. No use. They were locked. I even tried to open the door even after knowing that it won't open. It didn't. I also tried to find something sharp or anything that could be used as a weapon. Nothing.

Every move was of no use.

I didn't know what to do. I was stuck here.

And according to my captor, he was never letting me go. I belonged to be with him.

What the hell was even Christian thinking? That he'd capture me and lock me up in his castle and we'd have a happily ever after?

This wasn’t some romance novel. I was not going to fall in love with him. He was not going to Stockholm Syndrome me.

I had to find a way out. I had to go back to Liam.

Oh, my God.

Liam.

He must be thinking right now that I left on my own. That I didn't want to be with him. God, no. No. Just no.

I glanced around in the room but I couldn't do anything. Christian took everything and left me nothing. I was so stupid. I was so damn stupid to accept his offer in the first place. I shouldn't have.

But I couldn't undo it now.

But I could find a way.

There must be a way out of this place.

As on queue, the door beeped again and opened to bring a smiling Christian in. He was showered, obviously, and dressed again in black.

Black sweatpants and a black long sleeve shirt.

He shut the door behind him but made no attempt to come close, instead leaned back against the door with his hands in his pocket.

"I see you were looking around."

My eyes narrowed, "You have cameras in here?"

I thought he'd deny me or say that he knew I would look around but instead he nodded. "I do. And microphones as well. I could hear you screaming when you couldn't find what you were looking for."

"Why would you have cameras in your own room? Don't trust your family to snoop around?"

That was when it occurred to me. Where was his family? Someone could might help me. Did they even know he had kidnapped me and held me captive? Did they even live with him?

He clicked his tongue. "The cameras are for you. So that I can see you even when I'm not with you. And the answer to your other question is, I don't have a family."

I blinked. "What?"

"Only me, Arnold and his wife lives here. And now you." He smiled at the last part.

I snorted. "Obviously, your family wouldn't want to live with a psychopath."

I meant that as an insult but he just jerk out a nod. "You are probably correct."

I arched my brow as he came to me. And then he offered me his hand. "Let's go."

"Where?"

"For a tour."

"Why?"

"Would you rather stay inside?" He looked confused.

Yeah, I had to look around in order to make an escape plan. The sooner I get out of here, the better. "No."