AFTER ALL, THE HERO WINS

CHAPTER-29
AFTER ALL, THE HERO WINS

STELLA'S POV :-

Liam was here.

My Liam was here. He had found me.

The moment Christian left the room after Arnold had called him, I heard voices. I couldn't make out who it was but I certainly knew there were more than one people.

And I was confirmed something was wrong when Caroline came and tied me up and put me inside the closet. She didn't answer any of my questions. She didn't even say anything when I almost drew blood while scratching her face.

I was tied and gagged up when I heard him. Liam, I mean. He was right there, right there in the same room as me but he couldn't see me. I couldn't call out to him.

I had never felt so helpless in my whole life.

I just...I couldn't do anything.

But right now, it didn't matter. Because Liam was hurt. Arnold came and told me Liam was in surgery because he had hurt his head badly. The doctors didn't know if he'd make it. He had lost too much of blood.

Did Christian actually did all of this? Did he actually tried to kill Liam? But if he wanted to, then he'd have done it long ago. But then again, he was so sure Liam would never be able to find me, yet he did. And maybe now Christian felt threatened that Liam would take me away, so he tried to end him. Christian was after all, a psychopath. He didn't care about death. Not when it came to other people except me.

After my outburst where I particularly told him that I'd rather be dead than be with him, he had gone all pale and left the room like his ass was on fire.

I just didn't know what to do. How to get to Liam. How to at least see him once.

You know, the truth was, I didn't lie when I said I'd come back. I would. Only if Christian let me leave, I would come back to him. Because as much as I hate to admit it, somewhere along the way, I didn't know how and when but I fell in love with my kidnapper.

Love wasn't the exact word I'd use, but whatever I felt for Christian was strong. Strong enough that I didn't want to leave him. That I wanted to come back to him.

That I'd leave Liam and choose Christian.

But he just wouldn't believe me.

Why would he, bitch? You didn't even tell him you love him back when he poured his heart out. You just stood there like a fucking statue. And when he came back home smelling like another woman, you were burning up with jealousy. You push him away but you also didn't want anyone else to have him. What the fuck you think you're doing?

I was fucked in the head. On one side, I wanted to go to Liam and see whether he was okay or not, and on the other hand, I also didn't want to leave the man who had kidnapped me.

What the fuck was I doing?

But keeping everything aside, how was Liam doing? Was he okay? I had no idea. Christian wouldn't let me out, neither did Arnold came to give me some news about him.

I felt pathetic. My fiancé was practically dying and here I was, tucked under the blanket and crying my eyes out.

But crying wasn't going to fix anything. And neither I could do anything to convince Christian.