A WAY OUT?

CHAPTER-15
A WAY OUT?

This chapter contains mature/sexual content.

So, I had a plan.

And I was thinking maybe it would work.

If I could somehow, somehow manage to contact Liam. Since, I didn't know where I was, or where this Devil lived, I had to go back to the city. Which I already had convinced Christian for.

At least first part was done.

Now came the second part. The most important one.

Getting access to the phone.

I had checked the whole house, there wasn't any. The Devil had cut off every line. But, but, there was one. In his study. Which I had seen yesterday. And Christian wasn't even home now. So...

The only problem was now that I didn't have access to his study. The door was locked. And it wasn't like I could ask Arnold to let me in. He wasn't that stupid.

Which brought me to my Plan B.

"Arnold." I fucking beamed at the old man.

He cleared his throat, clearly startled. "Miss Johnson, what can I help you with?"

"When is Christian coming back?"

He seemed taken aback from the question. "Uh..." he checked his watch, "in the evening, I suppose. Is there a problem?"

My smile fell. "Uh...nothing. I was just...missing him."

He arched his brow, "Missing him?"

"Yes. I have nothing to do here, you know." I shrugged.

"Ah..." Arnold thought, and then, "Do you want to talk to him, maybe?"

I beamed, again. "Yes, please!"

Arnold took out his phone and I was over the moon when I saw him dialing Christian's number.

He murmured something on the phone and then passed the phone to me.

"Hello?"

"Stella. What do you need?"

"Why do you suppose I need something?" I asked. He chuckled, "Or else why would you call me?"

"Because I miss you."

Silence.

Complete silence.

I checked the phone, the line was still connected. "Christian? You there?"

"No one has ever said that to me." He said.

Okay, maybe it was all too much. I shouldn't be playing with him like this.

But this is the only way to get back to Liam. Just fucking do it.

"Well, I'm saying this now. And...you were right about me wanting something from you."

I could feel his smile when he said, "Anything, sweetheart."