Chapter 44 Lost in the chase

*Nanami POV*

Chaos erupted.

From a wall panel about a dozen villains burst into the space. Battle cries replaced the strained silence that was thick in the air only seconds ago.

A vine dashes from across the room and grips Jiro around the neck.

"Jiro!" Aizawa called, but his voice was lost among the roars and shouts of people that burst across the room.

Jiro instictevly reaches for her neck, but the vine pulls her foward and smashes her head into the floor with violent force.

A gasp escapes my lips.

Aizawa throws a knife that pierces the vine and lets Jiro go. Her body slumped unconscious on the floor.

Before I have a chance to set up a protective electrical shield around all of us Gins voice echoes so furiously it froze me in my spot a second too late.

"BAKUGOU!!!!" He thundered.

Before my eyes landed on Gin, Bakugou propelled him self foward towards Gin. "Bastard!!!" Bakugou exploaded.

"Smash!" Midoriya yelled as he aimed a kick at the horde of on coming villains.

"Jiro" I remembered.

Aizawa was standing over Jiro protectively as he fought multiple villains at once.

I set up an electrical field around her.

"This was not the plan!" one of the villains protested "Gin lost it!" He barked angrily.

"They were taking too long anyway, it wouldn't have worked!" another villain answered. "Just focus and take them out! shouldn't be too hard since they are separated from the other half"

"Nanami" Jiro growled as she slowly got up from the floor. Realizing she was cocooned in my electrical bubble.

Her chin lowered, her gaze locked on her target. "Let me out" she ordered as she wiped off the blood on the corner of her mouth with the back of her knuckles.

The shift in her aura startled me for a moment.

She is pissed. I thought.

"Rr-right" I agreed and lowered the shield.

Jiro bolted straight for her opponent. She dodged other failed swings and jabs aimed at her as if she was seeing it all in slow motion.

Her presence was now noticed by her intended target and he could no longer afford to ignore her now as Jiro was only feet away from him.

The man projected his vines towards Jiro once again, but Jiro was expecting this move.

She dodged one vine, letting it slip right pass her cheek. Her hand suddenly snapped up, fist curling around the vine.

Having missed Jiro the first time, the villain sent a second vine towards her. With the same hand that already held one vine she gripped around the second.

She was inches from him now. She sprang forward like a snake ready to deliver the fatal bite into her prey. She wrapped the vines around the villain once and positioned her self above him in seconds.

She plugged her phone jacks into her sound amplification gloves. "Heart beat distortion"

"Oh shit" I breathed.

Shes amazing.

The villains eyes rolled back into his head as his body went down with a hard enough force that it caused the floor to crater underneath them.