Chapter 24 Mom

*Nanami POV*

The tunnel leaves us near a train station and before I knew it we were standing in front of my house.

Unfortunately, Im frozen on the side walk, staring at the door to my house.

I haven't been home in almost 2 months. There were so many days where I thought I would never see it again.

My heart hammered as if there was a humming bird in my chest.

Why am I so scared to go in?

Was coming here a mistake? I worried.

I'm putting mom in danger! what was I thinking! I cant risk it. I ca-

My internal rambling was interrupted by a grunt to my left as Bakugou continues past me and heads up the steps of my porch and knocks on the door.

My jaw hits the floor as my mind is deciding how to fix this epic fail.

Should I run? should I kill him? what was he thinking!

The porch light turns on and by the time the door opens I have only managed to make it to the bottom of the steps.

"Yes?"

Her voice brings fresh tears to my eyes and a lump in my throat.

I missed her so much, it was breaking my heart just being this close to her. 

"Can I help you young man?"

"Mom" I sobbed.

Bakugou takes a step to the side to reveal my presence to my mother.

When our eyes lock neither one of us knows how to react.

We both must have dreamt for this moment to happen so many times in our heads, in our dreams that now we aren't sure if its actually happening or if its another dream.

We hesitate momentarily, but each takes a cautious step forward, and then run straight into each others arms, tears and sniffling all over the place.

Mom pats my head as she holds me close, I could feel her hands trembling.

"Kira" She sobbed. "You're okay"

"Mom" I sniffled. "I missed you so much"

"Ahem" Bakugou cleared his throat after a moment.

"Maybe we should go inside" he offered with a small bow.

Mom and I chuckled as we whiped our tears.

"Of course!" she chimed.

"Please come in"