Chapter 56 Lost Girl

*Nanami POV*

I gasped in a sudden inhale as I regained consciousness and frantically took in my surroundings, ready to continue right where Daiki and I left off.

I jerk and was met with resistance instantly. Chains held my wrist and ankles tightly against a wall. Icy fear curled around my heart and panic spread like poison along my body. 

It took me a while to realize I was trembling as the room that haunted my nightmares lay before me and the voice I had never been able to escape from spoke.

"So you're finally awake"

My trembling ceased as my eyes dart towards the unlocking door.

I give my chains another thrash with all my strength until my wrist ache in protest.

My heart was beating as fast as I wished I could run right now, to put as much distance between myself and the man who came into the room.

Gin calmly closed the door behind him before placing both hands in his pockets. His bladed wings tucked-in close to his body. He was the perfect image of relaxed, but I could see the amusement in his eyes, and the arrogance in the way he walked towards me.

"Hah" He scoffed. "I really missed this Red" He stopped once he was less than a foot away from me, then abruptly brought his face inches from mine.

A wide tight smile spread across his lips as he opened his eyes wildly at me.

His sudden closeness caused me to flinch and drop my head away from him, unsure of his next move.

"Yessss" Gin purred as he leaned in close and breathed me in.

"Yessss" He repeated in an exhale. "This" I felt him nuzzle his nose into my hair. "I missed this soo much" He emphasized each word as if it pained him.

I kept turning my head and pressing myself further against the wall in a vain attempt to evade his touch.

Gin curled a hand under my chin as he lowered his lips to my cheek. "I can smell your fear"

My stomach revolted at his touch, his familiarity with me. I jerked my head out of his grasp and instinctively lift my hands to shove him away, but had barley enough slack on the chains to do so.

I hate this. I hate that I-

My train of thought was interrupted as I get a better look at the chains that held me and of the room itself, before a giggle escaped my lips.

The noise shocked Gin so much that he stepped away from me slightly. Annoyance and confusion etched into his features at my sudden shift.

Before I knew it, I had completely lost my mind and could no longer control my laughter. I let the full belly laughs roll off me in waves until tears filled my eyes.

"WHAT... IS... SO... FUNNY!???" Gin seethed through clenched teeth.

He studied me. "Or is it that you finally accepted that it will always end this way for you?"

I scoffed. "Look around you Gin"

He dipped his chin and furrowed his brow as his nostrils flared and a severe frown tugged on his lips.

I raised my cuffed hands at him as if that was explanation enough before pointing my chin at the door. "Are you kidding?"

I tilt my head to the side and searched his livid eyes. "You've lost everything" I smiled.

"Your fancy research facility" I continued. "The glass room, all your expensive cameras and equipment"

"I mean, look at this place?" I look around the room beefore returning my eyes to him. "You have definitely downgraded"