Chapter 5 The Glass Room

*Bakugou POV*

All I could do was stare wide eyed and frozen in my spot.

She was entirely chained up, even her face was masked. Cables that hung left and right from the ceiling were connected to her and the areas where the cables touched her suit looked burnt to a crisp.

She was covered with blood, both dry and fresh. Even the walls behind her were stained with it and I can tell by her slack knees that she is being held up by her chains alone.

Those bastards.

The sight caused me to swallow the lump that had formed in my throat

I snap out of my daze and look around. There were screens all around me, some were camera monitors offering different angles of her in her prison.

What were they doing to her?

I remembered the way I was chained up when they took me, but it was nothing compared to this.

Is this what awaited me if they hadn't saved me?

The tremor in my hand was back stronger than it had been in a while and my heart starts to hammer so hard in my chest that I winced.

I find a clear box on the control panel labeled "Release"

I flip the case open and push the button down.

"Emergency release granted" an automated voice stated.

I look back towards the girl, and see the cables she was connected to begin popping off. Even her chains and mask come undone.

Having been no longer held up, the girls limp body drops hard to the floor.

I rushed forward to catch her, but a glass wall still  separates us.

"DAMN IT!" I yelled with rage and slam a balled fist onto the glass wall.

For a moment I thought I saw the girl move at the sound of my outburst.

Once the system was fully disengaged, the glass door slides open.

Finally. I let out a sigh of relief.

As I step inside the glass room, Im hit with an electrical charge.

My entire body spasms out violently and I cant move, not until I stumble back and fall to the floor.

"OH COME ON!!!" I yelled furiously. "NOW WHAT!?"

A rustling to my right grabs my attention and I brace myself for an attacker, but a dusty rat crawls out of the rubble and causally makes its way into the glass room with out getting shocked.

Maybe it was a one time thing. A residual effect of the machine? I wondered.

With more caution this time, I reach my hand out towards the girl.

"Ahhhrrrggggg!!!" Again a paralyzing shock courses through my body, rendering me unable to move until I stumble back.

Feeling the effects of the shocks, my breathing is more rapid now and my muscles feel weak, but my anger and frustration allow me to ignore everything else.

My eyes find the motionless body again, as I realize whats causing this.

"Its you"