Chapter 23 Test

*Nanami POV*

"I'd say thats a load of bull!" He declared.

Sorry Bakugou, but I need to know that you really believe me.

I swing at him and try wrapping my arm around his neck to put him in a choke hold, but he is too fast.

He uses my momentum against me and before I know it, his highly explosive palm was in my face.

I can feel its warmth threatening to release an explosion

I duck beneath it and tackle him.

"What the hell's gotten into you!" He hissed as he pushed me against the wall.

"Gah!" I choked as a piece of protruding wall pierced my back.

He wraps his hands around my wrist and pins them on either side of my head.

"STOP MESSING AROUND!" He ordered.

"You aren't a spy and the league didn't send you" He said with confidence, like there was no doubt in his mind.

I push against his grasp.

"You had more than enough opportunities to bring me in if you really wanted to" he continued.

My eyes widen in realization. 

He believes me. 

You're the only one that actually believes me. 

He slides his hands from my wrist to my palms and our fingers interlace.

Were both slightly out of breath as he rest his forehead on mine.

I hold my breath, my heart is pounding so loud I was grateful he didn't have a hearing enhancement quirk and in the midst of all this all I could think about was how I actually wanted to kiss him, but I force myself to snap out of it. 

I realize dragging him along on my mission, would only cause him more trouble at the school and more gossip. 

What if they expelled him? 

I couldn't let that happen.

"Sorry about this" I whispered so softly I doubt he heard it.

I discharged an electrical field around myself that pushes him off me.

"D-DA-DA-M-MN- Y-Y-O-O-U-U-U!"

"You should stay away from me Bakugou" I warned. "For you're own good"

I release the field that paralyzed him.

I should have a few minutes before he can move freely.

"Is that a threat?" He managed with a half smile.

I frown tugs on my lips as I make my way through the exit doors.

"HEY!" A seriously pissed off Bakugou yelled.

*BOOM!* An explosion went off on my back.

"AH" I cried as my body flew a several feet forward.

I extend my arms forward to cushion my fall.

"Dont walk away from me!"

My entire body ached after his attack, but I dont feel any burns on my back. Maybe Im just too mad to feel them.

"You have to be kidding me!" I raged.

I get up faster than I thought I could and face him.

"I know what you're doing" he growled. His voice was husky, his body tense, both fist were balled up. "You're testing me" he concluded.

"You needed to be sure I didn't think you were actually a spy, otherwise I'd be the one you couldn't trust"

I just met his gaze, any anger I felt vanished.

He saw right through me.

"I already told you" He took a step closer and let out a sigh. "I only do what I want"

He met my gaze and studied me for a moment "And I wont even pretend other wise"

He tilted his head to the side. "We dont have time for this Nana"

Heat flushed my face and I feel foolish for this entire stunt.

"Lets go"

His nick name for me makes a mini explosion go off in my chest.

"Right" I said with a nod.