Chapter 41 Someone Like That

*Nanami POV*

"Really?" I cup my chin in my palm calmly as Bakugou stomps away, carrying me like a sac of potatoes.

I sighed to hide the fact that I am actually happy he came to get me.

I like Jealous Bakugou. I realized and suppressed a smile.

He puts me down in front of him slowly and keeps his eyes on me as if he wants to say something, but he doesnt. He simply rest his forehead on mine, his hands still resting on my waist.

This makes me realize that Bakugou's actions carry more weight than his words sometimes, no matter how loud he may say them, and I for one chose to listen to his actions.

I jab my fist on his shoulder lightly and take a few steps away from him, electricity dancing around me. "Ready?"

His eyes ignite and a wicked smile curls his lips.

.....

When we finish training we all head back to the dorms. I get out of the shower already in my pajamas, drying my hair with a towel as I walk into Urarakas room. "Alright! I'll say it! I'm pooped" I plop down on her bed. "Everything hurts... Even my hair"

Uraraka giggles "You did great today! everyone wanted to train with you!" she pressed her palms together and smiled brightly.

"And I am grateful" I groaned as I adjust my position in the bed. "I need all the help I can get, but Bakugou didnt cut me some slack at all" my muscles ache at the memory of our sparing.

"You and Bakugou are pretty close huh?" Uraraka pointed out.

She catches me off guard, but I nod in response. "We have been through a lot" I shrugged. "Hard not to get closer after that"

I soft smile pulls on my lips " I owe him a lot"

"He's changed since you got here" she tilted her head. "He respects you, so...." she raised her brow. "You must be really strong!"

"You think?" My interest peeked. My heart swelled at the thought of Bakugou considering me someone strong.

"Definitely!" she smiled.

"I have someone like that too" She said, her gaze lost in thought. "Someone I care about a lot." she smiled. "Someone whos strength has changed me" She met my gaze. "Lets not disappoint them alright!?" she extends her fist at  me.

I nod and pump my fist with hers "Right"

.....

The next day, Aizawa asked a few of us to be part of the meeting that involved the latest info on the league and their newest victim.

As soon as classes are done, I head to the locker rooms to change back into my uniform before going to the meeting.

As I open the door to leave, I see Bakugou standing at the doorway outside the locker rooms. One Backpack strap over his shoulder, both hands in his packets. His head resting back against the wall.

The sound of the opening door grabs his attention.

His eyes land on mine and I smile "Hey"

"Lets go" he began walking towards the familiar conference room.

Others have begun to gather by the time we get there. I recognized some of our own class mates as well as some seniors. We take our seats around the table and wait.

Aizawa stands up at the podium "We have insight of the leagues newest victim. This is the girl we believe is being held captive. We are not sure if she is with the league or the Yakusa, but we have reason to believe they are working together."

A beautiful little girl shows up on the screen. She had long silky white hair and the saddest eyes I had ever seen.

She's just a child.

"Midoriya and Mirio were the ones who spotted the girl. She was accompanied by this man."

A new face filled the screen.

"Over haul" Aizawa continued.

"Night eye has been able to follow up on a lead and we think we know where the girl is"

"Nanami" He suddenly calls.

"Yes?"

"Does she look familiar? Or did you hear any mention of overhaul?"

I consider their faces for a moment. "I'm afraid not" I frowned.

"So we might be able to rule out the leagues involvement or at least assume they aren't the ones who had her"

"Did they ever move you from place to place?" Aizawa asked.

"Yes, but I was usually unconscious when they needed" I frowned.

"Still I want you to be a part of this, you might know more than you think and may even recognize some faces"

I nod. "Of course"

"We may be putting together a team within the next few days." He looks around the room. "Be ready"