Chapter 57 For Them

*Nanami POV*

"You will never be more than a pretty little lost girl" Gin smiled.

Fury boiled my blood until all I could see was Gin and all I wanted, was to burry my pretty little fist into his annoying little face!

This is how I felt right before he shot those metal rods through me.

I cant let him get under my skin and loose focus, not this time.

Keeping my anger hidden behind a veil, I refused to let him see that he had gotten a rise out of me.

Instead, I smiled and sighed as I rolled my eyes. "I'm many things Gin, but lost is not one of them."

"In fact" I tilt my head and I pinch my chin between my fingers. "Thanks to you, I realized that I wanted to become a hero and I'm getting trained at one of worlds top Hero academies"

Gin furrowed his brow and bared his teeth.

"Now, why dont you help a girl out and give up" I shrugged. "Don't you think you have lost enough?" I smiled.

He charged at me, but I was expecting this. I let my body go into defesnse mode, but Gin had too many weapons at his disposal. So I gathered the remnants of Todorokis flames and focused them on Gins metal wings. Until they glowed a bright red.

Gin evaded me as he tried to project his blades. However, do to their change in temperature, his blades were heavier now and his control was sluggish.

"AAAhhh" I yelled as the last of Todorokis power left me and Gins wings became liquid metal before my eyes.

"Ahhhh!!!" Gin roared. "You bitch!!!"

Without his wings and with a freshly chared back. Gin retrieved a few steps. He turned his back to me and bolted for the door, but I wasnt done yet.

Gin smacked face first into my electric bubble and let out and annoyed growl.

"You are not getting away" I vowed. "It's just you and me Gin, isnt that what you wanted?" I asked, my shoulders rising and falling with ever breath I took.

My body began to tremble as I felt the tax using so much power had caused my body. To be honest, I dont know if I would be able to face Gin head on right now, but I cant let him run away. I cant let him escape again.

I need to end this.

With his fist clenched and shoulders touching his ears Gin remained perfectly still with his back to me.

A chill ran up my spine.

Why isn't he moving?

Just as I was about to bring the electrical shield in on Gin, he spun around and I gasped out in pain.

One of Gins blades had pierced my left shoulder.

Shit! He must have stored some of his blades in his jacket.

As soon Gin threw the blade he charged at me and when I lifted my hand to remove the blade from my shoulder he was on top of me twisting the blade in deeper.

"Ughhaaah" I cried out. dropping my electric field around us as I try to push Gin away from me.

Swiping his leg under me, I fell to the floor and Gin took his chance to run.

"NOO!" I grunted as I discharge a massive electrical wave from me that blew out all the lights.

Pulling the blade from my shoulder, I tried to get up, but my legs wouldnt move. "Common!" I willed my muscles to obey me.

I know I can't take Gin in a fist fight right now given my strength and the fact Im down one arm.

"Damn it!" I glanced at the open door in the poorly lit room.

Are you gonna let him get away ?? And come after you again! Come After mom? My classmates???

"GET UP! " I voiced through clenched teeth.

I threw my self foward until my palms hit the floor and I am on my knees. Then taking a deep breath, I  close my eyes and see her.

My mom.

She's making breakfast in the kitchen waving a pancake batter filled spatula around, twirling and laughing.

I see Bakugou.

I see the pain in his eyes that I dont think many people get to see and I see him smiling at me in a way I know is reserved only for me.

I see my friends, the professors at UA and everything they have all done for me and how they have to keep saving me, keep rescuing me, keep believing in me even after everything I have done.

I see Jiro, the injuries she suffered because of me and how she still smiled at me with tears in her eyes to know I was okay.

NOT AGAIN.

NOT EVER AGAIN.

I CANT KEEP APOLOGIZING AND HAVING THEM SAVE ME.

"GIN!!!!!!" I roared as I put one foot on the floor and bolted out the door after Gin.

I used Todorokis ice to stop the bleeding on my left shoulder.

The fact that there were no lights in the building must of slowed his progress significantly because when I went down a hall that split into left and right I closed my eyes and focused on listening.

It was faint and I couldnt afford to expend too much energy in a big attack if I wasnt sure, so I picked up my pace and ran down the left hall, using a small electrical sphere to light the area infront of me.

Then I saw him.

It was a risky move but I was not going to give up now, not while I could still move.

I took everything I had left of Todorokis power and filled the entire hall with ice.

"Ugh!" Gin turned around to face me, but he was helpless against this attack as the ice froze him in place.

Everytime I used my quirk, my physical strength weakens.

As I closed the distance between us I decided to stop using my quirk as much as possible.

"I told you, we weren't done!" I buried my fist into the center of his diaghphram.

"Gahhh" Gin expelled a forced breath.

I leaned in close to his ear. "That was for coming after my mom, you piece of shit!" The force caused the ice to break under his feet and he fell back with a hard thud and grunt.

I grabbed his collar and followed him down and let my body move on its own. My fist connected with his jaw and I hadnt noticed my eyes were shut tight, but every time my fist conected with something I saw everyone at UA.

They were what I was fighting for. They were the ones pushing me forward right now.

Before the last of my energy left my body,  The last person I saw was the little girl with white long hair and big sad eyes.

"Eri." I opened my eyes to see Gin passed out beneath me and it was like a switched turned off and my body shut down. I couldn't keep my eyes open as I let oblivion take me and I slide off  Gin, but never felt myself hit the floor.

"Great Job Young Nanami" All Might said as warm hands cradled me.

"Sorry we took so long"