Chapter 20 Truly here

*Nanami POV*

Where am I? I ask myself as I try to recall the events prior.

I remain in bed with my eyes closed as I scan my memory.

Shinsou and I were outside, we had our entrance exam and we failed. Then there was him.

The memory of Bakugou causes my heart to quicken and I can't pin point why he has this effect on me. Part of me comes to life around him, like he awakens a dormant fire within me.

However.... anger and irritability also seem to surface in his presence.

I remember  Erasurehead and... Gin?  My heart sank.

Did I loose control? I gulped.

Is that why I passed out and cant remember anything?

No. I realized.

I would not have been left alone in a room without restraints. I passed out shortly after that and ended up in this already familiar bed.

I cant be trusted...

They were right to stay away from me. They all doubted me from the start.

Except...

Bakugous face pops up in my head again.

You...

"Do you need us to want you to be here!?" "Are you saying you only joined for me!?" All my blood rushes to my face as I remember his words.

"We didn't decide to become heroes for the friendships wed make!" he spat at me.

And he was right, why did I truly choose to stay?

The image of my mom makes realize what I need most at this moment.

I need to see my mom.

I need to hold her and hug her, tell her how much I love her and show her that I'm alright.

After dad left, we were never quite the same, never quite complete.

I try to feel for a presence around me, but Found none, so I open my eyes slowly and allow my eyes to adjust in the dark room.

I glance at the door before I begin to rise from the bed, making sure no one was walking by at that exact moment.

It was when I came to a fully seated position that I saw him. He was sitting on the floor by the corner of my bed.

I gasped in surprise as crimson eyes meet mine and time seems to slow down around me.