Chapter 38 Anguish

*Nanami POV*

"Hello!" a bubbly voice spoke.

Slowly opening my eyes,I meet Bakugous gaze. He was underneath me, his hands wrapped around each of my arms.

The feeling of weightlessness was such an odd sensation.

"Uraraka!" Bakugou snapped. The blush on his cheeks made mine heat up.

"Yeah, sorry for not asking, but this was better than falling!"

Uraraka pressed her finger tips together in front her "Release"

Slowly we found our balance and we were gently placed on the floor up right.

"Thanks" I smiled.

"No problem!" she waved both hands in front of her. "Im Ochako Uraraka!" She greeted. "Kira Nanami right?" she guessed.

She gave Bakugou a quick glance.

"Right!" I nodded as I fix my cloths.

"Ribit, you okay Nanami?"

"Yeah." I quickly scramble through my memory to recall her name.

"Tsu?"

"Ribit" she nodded.

"Come with us! we can show you the girls dorms!"

Each of them slip an arm around my elbows and guided me in the direction of the girls dorms.

A smile stretched across my face as I let myself be guided.

It was only now that I realized how much I cared about their acceptance.

As much as I told myself that it didnt matter what they thought of me, and no matter how much Bakugou would remind me we weren't here to make friends, at the end of the day I wanted them beside me on this journey, to help me, to push me.

I glance at Bakugou, but he had already made his way down the opposite side of hall without a second glance and suddenly I wanted just a little more time with him.

"This is your room! its right next to mine!" Uraraka smiled as she opened my dorm room.

"Thanks!" I smiled.

As I got to know my classmates a little better, the day came to an end and I was looking forward to some much needed sleep as I lay in bed and prayed no nightmare would haunt me tonight.

Just when I was drifting off, a soft knocking brings my senses to full awareness.

The window?

A mixture of excitement and uncertainty blossoms  in my chest.

I peek through the window and see the only person I would gladly loose sleep over.

A quick glance in the mirror and I fix my hair as best I could before Opening the window.

Bakugou swiftly enters the window as easily as if he'd entered through the door without making a sound. He strolled inside looking around the room and sat on the floor by the foot of my bed.

"Could have used the door" I whispered.

As I join him on the floor I add "Could have used the bed too"

He gave me a side ways glance and suppressed a smile. "Naw, Im good here"

"Right" I agreed. Ignoring the heat in my cheeks

"I came to make sure you werent chickening out or running off somewhere" He shifted his weight to get more comfortable, rested his head back and closed his eyes.

A soft smile pulled on my lips.

"Im not going anywhere" I promised.

Silence stretched between us and an awkward pause filled the air.

I glance at him, and scrunch my lips to the side as I try to find the words.

"Just spit it out" He mumbled.

"Wha-?!" I leaned away slightly.

How the heck did he know?

"Well" I hesitated.

"Its nothing really, I just.... I wanted to know what it was like for you?"

Bakugou opens his eyes and finds my gaze.

"When you were taken" I explained.

Bakugou tensed slightly at my question, but answered in a low calm voice."Nothing in comparison to you"

I drop my gaze.

He let out a long sigh and shrugged "I messed up"

"It was during our training camp. They started picking us off, one by one." He retold.

"At first we thought it was another villain attack, but they were actually there for me." He balled up his fist and Clenched his jaw.

"When everyone found out I was the target, those idiots went out of their way to find me and protect me" his eyes narrowed.

I stayed quiet, listening intently.

"I hated it" He slammed a fist on the floor beside him.

"It made me feel so weak!" He sounded disgusted with himself

"So pathetic!" He revolted.

"And they were right" He shrugged.

"They still managed to take me, but besides cuffs and restraints, they only asked me if Id join their league of rejects."

"Not long after I was taken the pros showed up to save me."

"So many people had to get involved and..... All Might"

He met my gaze and the anguish in his eyes broke my heart. "The symbol of piece died that night"

"Oh" I breathed.

I reached out to him. "Thats not-"

He slapped my hand away. "Dont you dare" he growled