Chapter 43 Move

*Nanami POV*

We get off the van a few blocks from the building we were planning on infiltrating. My heart felt like it was stuck in my throat.

"With me" Aizawa called quietly.

Team Erasure head consisted of, Bakugou, Midoriya, Jiro, and myself.  Team Night eye consisted of Ochako, Tsu, Todoroki, and Kirishima.

"Night eyes team will be entering through the back of the building. Police as well as pro heroes have the perimeter surrounded. We have been monitoring the building for the last 24 hours. It has been pretty quiet and we havent seen anyone leave or enter the building the entire time."

"Now." Aizawa paused. "That doesnt mean we should expect an empty building. They might have enough supplies inside to let them hold up for days and if this child is their latest Beserker experiment, then we can assume they will heavily defend to keep us away from her her as they did with Nanami."

Everyones gaze falls upon me.

Unconsciously, I fell the need to swallow the lump in my throat.

"Stay sharp and keep level heads" Aizawa locked eyes with each one of us.

We all nod.

"Coms on... We're moving in" he placed his goggles on.

Jiro and Aizawa take lead, followed by Midoriya, Bakugou and I covering the rear.

Upon entering the abandon building, it was as if we entered a freezer. My cheeks and nose stung with the sudden drop in temperature. The main floor was dimly lit by the occasional flickering light.

Grafiti scattered the walls and the floor. The few window panels that remained were coated in thick dust.

Our guards were as high as they could go.

I generated two electric chakrams, one on each hand.

Aizawa lifted his right hand in a fist. Indicating for the second group to hold our spots.  Jiro took a few steps forward and kneeled to the floor. Placing her earphone Jack to the ground.

She looked up at Aizawa and shook her head, but her eyes suddenly darted straight ahead. She tilted her head to the side as if she had heard something.

She lifted her jack from the ground and pointed north. Further into the building.

"The doors are completely bolted from the rear" Night eye spoke into our coms. "It looks to have been intentional, who ever did this did not want us to enter the building. Besides that our infrared cameras are only picking up you 5 on the first floor."

Aizawa hesitated for a moment.  He doesnt seem convinced. And neither was I, but I wasn't sure if those were my nerves talking.

Just then the air conditioning unit which had been providing white noise shuts down. Leaving a cold eerie silence to haunt the room.

The squeaking sound of a loose ceiling fan at the end of the flickering room was all that remained. Its movement resembling that of a pendulum.

I began to hold my breath the moment the air conditioner turned off. As if now even my breath would cause too much attention.

Bakugou shifts his weight and scans the room.

"Its too quiet" he spoke in a normal tone. However, in this enviornment he might as well have yelled it.

But he was right. This tension didnt feel normal. Abnormally quiet, the freezing temperature, even the lay out of the building didnt seem right.

It was as if something was waiting to happen. A trigger to spark a series of events.

"Come out you Bastard and FIGHT ME!" Bakugou roared.

My eyes widen and his outburst.

I look for the reactions of the others, but no one batted an eyelash. The didn't seem surprised or upset at Bakugou's provocation.

They must have all been thinking the same thing.

Jiro stands to her full height. "There was a shift down this corridor, I know there is someone else here, but they are just...." she shrugged. "waiting."

"No body move" Aizawa warned.

"This is a trap"