Chapter 25 Hero of Hope

*Nanami POV*

Once we got inside mom clapped her hands together and asked. "Are you guys hungry?" 

As we ate, I filled mom in on my rescue and explained why UA had decided not to tell her.

"I understand" She said. "I'm just glad you're safe"

Bakugou excused himself after dinner and ended up falling asleep on the sofa in the living room.

"He is cute" Mom winked.

My blush crept up on me, but I just rolled my eyes and shrugged. "I guess... If you're into brutes"

I look towards the living room and smiled. "But he did save me you know"

"Alright... I approve" She held up both hands in a surrender.

I chuckled, then let out a long sigh.

Mom reached across the table and cupped my hands. "Whats wrong peanut?" she asked. A crease forming between her eyebrows.

"Mom, I have been given a chance to go to U.A"

Her brows shoot up "That's amazing sweetheart"

"It is" I started.

"But?" She guessed.

"but I've changed mom, I'm not the same Kira anymore" I looked up at her and regret my words.

Her eyes were filled with a deep sadness, my words caused her pain.

"Baby, of course you've Changed.  going through what you went through would change anyone"

"No mom" I shook my head.

"It changed me... like they literally turned me into a-" I stopped myself.

She tilted her head to one side and waited for me to explain.

I cant tell her.

"Bah!" I started.

"Don't listen to me" I forced a smile. "I just don't know what to do"

"Well... What do you want to do?" She asked as if it was that simple.

What I want?

"Do you want to join U.A?"

I lean back in my chair and rub my palms on my jeans.

"No one really wants me there mom and I don't want to be surrounded by people that want me gone" I confessed. "I would be miserable"

"What. Do. You. Want" she repeated slower this time, as if my answer wasn't valid.

"I... Want to stop the league." I only realized how true it was after saying it out loud.

"I don't want anyone else to go through what I went through." I continued.

Mom just smiled.

"So" she began.

"What do you need to do to accomplish that?"

"I need to get stronger" I glanced at her to see if my answer was correct.

She nodded.

I smiled.

"I need to stay at U.A so that I..." I paused as I realized the weight of the words I was about to say.

"So that I can become a hero" I gulped.

I couldn't believe I was actually going to do this. It didn't feel like a real option until now.

"But why do you want to be a hero peanut?"

"Because... I lived a nightmare mom" I looked up at her and she squeezed my hands.

"And what kept me going day after day... what made me fight, was the hope that someone out there was going to come save me." I look towards the sofa.

"And he did" I smiled.

"I want to be that hope for someone else. I want to end their nightmare and keep them safe!"

"That's why I want to be a hero"