Chapter 21 With You

*Nanami POV*

I go into defense mode immediately, trying to hide the fact that he scared the crap out of me.

"What are you doing here!" I hissed under my breath.

"What the hell is wrong with you!" he snapped back.

"What?!?"

Before I could say another word he sprung to his feet, closed the distance between us and placed a warm hand over my mouth.

My eyes widen in surprise as he pushes me back onto the bed and looks over his shoulder towards the door.

"HMMMPH!!" I muffled under his hand.

My eyes follow his towards the door and when they meet mine again he studies his hands as if for the first time realizing he was touching me and quickly removes his hand from my mouth. His eyes linger on my lips for a moment longer than they should have. His other hand was still pressed into my pillow next to my face.

He leaned closer and whispered. "There are still people in the clinic, they will hear us if we are too loud"

"You smell so sweet" I thought to myself. Until I realized I had actually said it out loud.

My face feels like its on fire and I was suddenly grateful for the darkness in the room that hid my blush.

He dropped his chin slightly and I can tell he was trying to suppress a smile. "I think it has something to do with my quirk" he said quietly.

"Right, what is your quirk again? Sweaty palms?" I whispered.

In a split second his half smile vanished and a vein buldged on his temple. His pupils constrict as he looses his composure. "YOU IDIOT!! THAT'S NOT MY- "

I couldn't help myself from laughing at his predictable outburst. Realizing I had set him up only seem to anger him even further, which in turn set me off into a louder belly laugh.

He leaned over me again to cover my mouth, but something in his expression softened this time.

My muffled laughter continued under his hand and it seemed to be contagious as he too now tried to quiet his laugh.

"Shhh" I giggled underneath his hand as I place a finger over his lips.

This action seemed to surprise us both.

As he removed his hand from my mouth his fingers slowly brushed my lips, his eyes never leaving them as he did.

With his eyes on me now, I lick my chapped lips and gulp down the desire his touch left in me.

The dynamic between us grew awkward and strained.  A complete contrast to our comfort seconds ago.

"So" I began. "What happened to me?" I asked as I start getting up from the bed.

"I don't remember much" I confess.

He diverted his gaze and placed his hands in his pockets.

"You lost it out there"

I froze.

Did I transform?

A cold sweat lined my body and my heart pinched.

"Something in your eyes changed, you looked almost feral" he continued as if he was lost in the memory.

"they said it might have been some kind of PTSD episode." He stayed silent for a moment.

"Any way" he continued.

"it looked like you were calming down for a minute, but Midnight went ahead and used her quirk on you to be safe."

So that was the pink smoke.

I searched my mind for a way to explain, to defend myself, to play it off, but I couldn't come up with anything.

When the silence stretched out a little too long I said. "I have to go"

"Where?"

"To see my mom" I explained as I find my shoes and gather my things.

"You shouldn't see her, it could be dangerous, for both of you." he warned.

"I cant stay here anymore, and you cant keep me from her. She needs to know Im ok, I need to see her"

"Besides, Im not cut out for UA" I gave a humorless laugh.

He only stared at me, a slightly furrowed brow.

"So thats it? Your just leaving?" His default scowl was back. "You cant"

Ugh. I rolled my eyes.

I open the window in my room and rest my palms on the rail before I turn back towards him.

"Well you cant stop me" I promised.

Again he gave me a barely suppressed smile. He looked at me as if I had just declared a challenge.

When he said nothing more; I turn around and swing a leg over the window

"Then I'm coming with you."