Chapter 11 Hero Course

*Nanami POV*

"Rest up for tonight deary." Recovery girl advised as she escorted me back to the clinic. "We will come check up on you tomorrow."

The meeting in the conference room ended with Nezus proposition. They said I should think hard about my decision, since you know... It will shape my future and all, but I still had to give them an answer by tomorrow.

No pressure. I thought sarcastically.

"Thank you" I replied before stepping into my room.

I feel relived to have a moment to myself.

I crawl into the bed, lay flat on my back and stare up at the ceiling.

I take in a deep breath and release it slowly. "Its over." I realized. "Its really over" I smiled as tears run down my face and realization starts settling in.

Replaying the events of tonight gives me nausea.

I rest my palm on my forehead.

They think I'm a spy. My mom still doesn't know I'm safe. They want me to join U.A?

A sound by the window gets my attention and panic shoots through me.

A few seconds pass and again there's a clack! On the window.

With my heart pulsing in my throat I slowly creep towards the window.

I press my body flat on the wall and my shaky hand pulls the curtain aside just enough for me to peek through.

A familiar blonde spiky haired boy stood outside my window. His hands fidgeting with small stones.

What's he doing here ?

I open the window and lean onto the frame with crossed arms to keep warm.

"Whats up?" I whispered. Confusion evident on my face.

He stepped closer to me, both hands in his pockets now.

"What are you going to do?" He asked.

Are you kidding me?!

I let out a tired sigh. "Not sure, I was going to try sleeping on it you know"

"You idiot" he mumbled. "Whats there to think about?" He sounded annoyed.

My jaw goes slack.

Did he just? The nerve! I should be the annoyed one!

Before I have a chance to respond he continues.

"U.A is a prestigious school no matter which route you take"

The truth in his words leaves no room for me to argue.

"My grades might not be good enough and I don't think Id cut it for the support course, maybe the business course, but even then-"

"That's a load of bull" he interrupted.

I met his eyes, but was still the first one to look away.

"I just want to go home Bakugou" I confessed.

He took another step towards me and leaned onto the other side of the window frame. We were so close all of sudden that I reflexively lean back slightly. My heart comes to life and my cheeks feel hot.

He smells so good. Like caramelized sugar.

"You belong in the hero course" he whispered.

His words surprising me for the second time tonight.

Where is this coming from?

"You don't even know me" I shake my head and step away from the window.

"You're a fighter and you fight to win." His gaze held mine and a wicked smile pulled on his lips.

"Besides" he continued. "don't you want to catch the bastards that took you?"

Normally the thought of my kidnappers, specifically Gin would have me trembling in fear wanting to hide, but with his words and fearless gaze holding mine up; I don't feel scared.

I don't want to hide and I certainly don't want them to see me tremble unless its with my rage, but then I remembered.

I remembered the monster I had become because of their experiments and any confidence I had for the slightest second was shattered.

"I can't" I realized and gulped down my false hope.

Of course I cant. what were you thinking Kira? that a few words from a boy you hardly know is enough to make you want to become a hero? that's out of the question. Anyone that gets too close to you will get hurt.

I met his gaze once more as I reach to close the window with my new found resolve. "Goodnight Bakugou"

His angry scowl tells me exactly how he feels about my decision.

He thinks I am a coward now.

I don't want anyone to get hurt because of me, And keeping people away from me is the best way to keep them safe. I know I am making the right choice.I tell myself as I sit on the edge of my bed.

So why do I feel so miserable?