Chapter 33 Power of a God

*Bakugou POV*

"You cocky little shit" The bastard charged at me.

"A.P shot!" I fired. My concentrated explosion pierced right through his shield of blades.

"Ha! This is the end for you bastard!" I boasted.

"Arg!" He stumbled back.

"Get us out of here Kurogire!" The bastard ordered before redirecting his rage at me.

"You PEST!" He roared and pulled his wings back for another attack.

Shit. I panicked.

He's going to project his blades. Any one of those could easily hit Nana or her mother.

Two familiar warp gates start to appear behind Big Bird and the weakling.

But before I'm able to draw another breath, a low rumbling circled the room.

I had been too focused on our fight to noticed the electrical charges that had gathered around Gin specifically.

A loud *CRACK* broke across from me, followed by a blinding white flash.

A lighting bolt stroke down.

The sudden change in air pressure caused a sonic shock wave that expanded across the room. It blew out the windows behind me and I braced myself.

I had never heard thunder roar this violently.

No way... I gulped.

I look over my shoulder and see Nanami standing in front of her mother.

What the hell kind of power is this!?

Her eyes glowed like two electric suns, not a trace of fear remained in them.  Chest rising and falling with each breath. With her focus locked on Gin it was clear she wasnt going to let him release a single one of those blades.

I couldn't look away from her.

"Beautiful" I whispered.

So much power. Its like taking on mother nature itself. I realized.

This is the kind of power gods have.

Realization that our victory has been assured hits me, but.

When I turn to face our opponents, they were gone.

"No!" Nana protested.

"No! No! No!" I rush to where they had just stood.

"Damn it!" I punch the wall in frustration and take a few breaths.

After a moment I turn to Nanami. "We need to go"

She met my gaze and nodded.

She seems different now.

"Kira?" her mother mumbled.

"Hey mama" she responded brightly, as she made her way back to her mom. "Don't worry, Im right here"

"Feeling better?" She asked, with a warm smile as she brushed away loose strands of hair from her mothers face.

"Yes" her mom replied as she scanned the room around us. "But-"

"Don't worry, help is on the way and those guys are gone now" she reassured with a brilliant smile.

At this point her pony tail had fallen apart, she was full of dust and scrapes, her clothes had ripped and her eyes were still a little puffy, but her smile.

Her smile didnt match the overall appearance she had, but it lured me in. Suddenly all I could see was her big bright smile, its the kind of smile that makes you feel better, the kind that gives you hope.

I brush off the smile that tried to form on my lips.

Seeing her like this, reminds me of someone...

Then the memory came to me.

"HA! HA! HA!" All might boomed with a wide smile.
It was an old news clip I had seen a million times as a kid. "Worry not citizens! Hope has arrived! because I am here!" He always says this before a fight, but I always thought it was a waste of time. I always believed that as long as you can defeat the villains, thats all that mattered. Thats all that proved you were the strongest, that you were the best, but looking at Nana like this.

I have never seen anyone look stronger.

"Kira, who was that man?" her mother asked.

"He is not going to be a problem any more mama" She met my eyes.

"What?" her mother asked. confussion pulling her eyebrows together.

"With UAs help" her eyes fixed ahead as fire burned within them . "I am going to end him" She promised.

I smiled.

You are something else. I admired.

Red and blue lights filled up the room.

"Its about time!" I growled as I stomp my way to Nana's mother.

I wrap my arm around her back and pull her arm around my shoulder to help her up.

"Oh, thank you" She said. "But I think I can walk"

"Let me help you!" I said, a little more aggresively than I should have.

Both Nana and her mom lean back in surprise.

Nanas eyes narrow at me before she rolls them. Her mother however, closed her eyes and gave me a warm smile.

Now it was my turn to be surprised.

"You already have" She answered as she glanced at her daughter.

"More than I can ever repay you for" She met my eyes and my cheeks flushed before I had to look away.