Chapter 12 Your Quirk

*Nanami POV*

I check the number on the paper in my hand before I continue Walking down the hall way.

This should be it. I thought as I stood in front of the door.

I pull down on my jacket and fix my skirt. I square my shoulders and take a deep breath before stepping inside.

A boy with wild purple hair and deep set eyes sits at a table.

"Hello" I greet.

"Hi"  he responded dryly.

Setting my books on the table I slide into the seat next to him.

The awkward silence makes me fidgety.

"Im Kira Nanami" I glanced at him. "Are you a transf-"

"I know who you are" he cut me off.

"you're the girl everyones talking about" he speculated. His gaze never leaving the board in-front of us.

"Talking about me?" I worried.

I let out a defeated sigh and sank into my chair.

"Im Shinsou"

His response makes me perk up slightly.

"Are you nervous?" I questioned. "About the entrance exam I mean"

"Of course" he answered.

"This exam means everything to me" he looked down at his palm and balled it into a fist. "Its what I have been waiting for my whole life"

His intensity catches me off guard and my throat suddenly feels dry.

"Are you?"

"Id say nervous is an understatement" I let out a nervous chuckle and ignore the rolling of my stomach.

"I don't have the combat training you all have."

"Im sure your quirk will compensate for your lack of experience." He gave me a side ways glance that seem to ask what is your quirk?

I smiled.

"My quirk is Manipulation"

His confused expression is no surprise to me.

To explain, I lift my right hand, in front of me and electrical currents gather around it. I then pull together the electrons until a small sphere remains in my palm. I look towards Shinsou again as his eyes are fixed on the high voltage sphere in my hand and I proceed to change its shape; This time into a perfect cube.

"I can absorb elemental energy and then manipulate it how ever I want" as a final display, I turn the cube into a hollow ring before dispersing the electrical currents and resting my hand on my lap.

"Thats a perfect quirk for a hero" Shinsou complimented. However, I could detect resentment in his words.

"Alright, now its your turn" I encouraged.

He seemed to hesitate for a moment, suddenly feeling uncomfortable. Without meeting my eyes he responded.

"My quirk is Brain wash" he whispered. "I can only do it after the person answers a question of mine" he explained.

It took me a few seconds to process his words.

"Seriously?!" I slapped a hand on the desk, startling him for a moment.

"Thats amazing!" I cheered with an open smile.

I can tell he wasn't expecting my reaction as he leaned away from me, to get a better look at me.

"Most people are uncomfortable with the thought of my quirk and lets be honest, its not the most heroic" he scoffed.

Brain wash

My mind wonders to Gin and the league of villains and a chill runs down my spine.

"There's a quirk for pretty much anything in this world" I stated.

"So Im really glad that a quirk as powerful as yours landed in the hands of someone who wants to be a hero" he studied my face for a moment before our attention turns towards the opening door.

A yellow sleeping bag peeks inside the room. "You two" Aizawa began.

"Come with me"