Chapter 14 Lets Talk

*Nanami POV*

What the heck was up with Bakugou? I furrowed my brows.

His reaction affected me more than I care to admit, but I brush it off and try focusing on the exam ahead.

The door slides open and my purple haired partner enters the waiting room in his gym cloths. He wore a mask hanging around his neck and a capture scarf resembling the one Eraser head uses.

I wasn't given a gym uniform, so I had to wear what ever I could find in the support course storage closet.

"Hey"

"Hey" he echoed before taking the seat across from me.

"So were up against 1-A huh?"

"It would seem so" He replied with a troubled expression.

Before I have a chance to comfort him, chatter outside cuts our conversation short.

"Shes not even a UA student, how is she being considered as a candidate for the hero course?" a girl I don't recognize said.

"Maybe its a 'keep your friends close and your enemies closer' kind of situation?" A boy added.

My eyes met Shinsou's as we both realize who they are talking about.

Heat stings my cheeks.

"Well spy or not, I don't know what the teachers were thinking!"

"Maybe she is here to recruit Bakugou"

The familiar name causes the smallest flutter in my chest.

Recruit Bakugou?

"I mean they took her the same way they took him, they probably convinced her to join them and now they sent her here to bring him back."

I can feel Shinsou's eyes on me, but he says nothing.

He thinks the same thing. I realized and I was surprised at how much that hurt me.

"Maybe shes a monster" someone added.

I bolt up from my chair having heard enough, but my feet remain glued in their place.

Shinsou watches me cautiously, waiting for my next move.

Why am I even here. My insecurities begin to get the better of me.

"I dont know Mineta, I dont see how a girl as pretty as that could ever be part of the league of villains."

"Don't be so naive Kaminari" a girl spoke again.

The hole in my chest continues to expand the longer I heard what they had to say.

Bakugou was taken by the league too?

"Common guys"

"We cant jump to conclusions. If the teachers are giving her this chance, then we have to trust them you know."

"What about Shinsou? if what he said is true then they are going to drop one of us to make space for him in the hero course."

"Lets not stress it too much guys! Either way, we have the upper hand in this exam." An up beat voice cheered.

She is right about that.

I clench my jaw and place my hands on the desk on either side of Shinsou, and lower myself slightly until our eyes lock.

Shinsou drops his gaze and rubs the back of his neck as he began "Listen..."

"About what they were saying, I don't thin-"

I lift my hand and shake my head to dismiss his concern.

"If we want to stand a chance out there, were going to have to hold our own and really cause some trouble" I said.

"But first... we need to know who were up against."

I could tell he liked my answer by the look he gave me.

He narrowed his eyes and gave me a dangerous smile.

The kind of smile that almost makes me believe we have a chance at winning this.

Almost.