Chapter 34 What I know

*Bakugou POV*

Mr. Aizawa and All Might were down stairs with the police.

"What are you guys doing here?" I asked.

"Bakugou" All Might rushed towards me. "Are you all right?" his face and voice twisted with concern and it was starting to piss me off.

I knew this wasnt the time or the place, so I bit my tongue and through a clenched jaw said "Did you really think Id loose to a couple of wannabes?"

All Might let out a softly chuckle. "Of course not, thats not your style young Bakugou"

He laid his hand on my shoulder and gently squeezed it. "don't misinterpret my worry as me doubting your strength"

All Mights eyes fall on Nanamis mother. "Ma'am, are you injured?"

Upon seeing All Might, her face became flushed. "No, not at all." she assured him.

"Although" her gaze fixed as she lost herself in thought. "if it wasnt for these two, I'm afraid you might have arrived to a whole different story tonight"

I feel her shudder at the thought.

"No point in worrying about the might have beens tonight" All Mights pats her arm comfortingly. "All that matters is that you are all safe"

"You're right" she gave a weak smile and a small nod.

"Come young Bakugou" All Might extends his hand as he guides us out. "Lets have the paramedics check her vitals before we head back to U.A for the night"

*Nanami POV*

As I see my mom and Bakugou, standing safe and unharmed before me; a wave of calm washes over me and Im finding it hard to stand.

Its as if all of my energy was suddenly drained. My body betrayed me, as my muscles stop responding.

I must have been running on adrenaline. I realized.

My knees buckle and I extend my hands in front of me to avoid eating the floor, just as someone catches me.

I look up and meet those sleepy eyes in surprise.

I have so much to say to you. I thought.

"..I.. I-"

"I'm sorry Nanami" Mr. Aizawa interrupts softly.

My brows pull together "What?"

"From the moment of your rescue, I welcomed you with nothing but mistrust and accusations even though you had given me no reason to doubt you." He spoke with a furrowed brow and a monotone voice.

"No" I shake my head.

"You were right to doubt me. I havent been completely honest with you guys about my time in captivity" My heart squeezed in my chest as it thudded heavily against my chest. "But Im ready to come clean about it all regardless" I explained, slightly out of breath.

Aizawa only studied me for a moment.

"I was scared" I confessed with a sigh. "but I see now how stupid and cowardly That was and I need to make things right"

"Nanami"

The way he said my name, demanded that I meet his gaze. "It was still a failure in our part to not have made you feel like you could trust us with what you know, and I know I played a large part in that"

He lowered me onto a chair before he continued.

"In any case" Mr. Aizawa crossed his arms and leaned back onto the wall.

"Finding out there is more that you can tell us about these guys is actually the best news I've heard all day" his expression grew dark.

"You see" he hesitated.

"We have reason to believe another girl has been taken by the league or is in the hands of the Yakuza who we know is working with the League"

His words slowed down time around me. My head starts spinning and I feel my heart break.

"No" I whispered.