9:Mission

Chapter nine: Mission

                   (Wang Shu)

                   (Wang Shu)

Next day, Yu An was having lunch in her garden when Lizhui approached.

❝His highness wants to see you.❞ Lizhui announced.

❝Do you know why for? ❞Yu An asked as she shoved a piece of meat into her mouth.

❝It's an important matter so please follow me to his study. ❞ Lizhui replied.

❝Oh, alright. Goodbye my lunch. ❞Yu An said dramatically and followed Lizhui.

❝Say, are you interesting in letting me dress you up one day? ❞ Yu An asked playfully.

❝Whatever you're thinking about seems wrong so I'll pass on the offer. ❞ Lizhui refused.

Yu An looked at him disappointed.
The two reached the study.

❝After you. ❞Lizhui said opening the door.

Yu An nodded grateful and entered the study.

❝What's the important matter you want to speak about? ❞

❝Sit down first. ❞ Wang Shu said.

❝Alright. ❞ Yu An said and sat down, patiently waiting for Wang Shu to finish writing whatever he's writing.

❝We have a case of people disappearing in Qinpai these past weeks and the forest nearby is filled with negative energy. Even the nature died so we need to investigate, but the people I've sent haven't returned. I'll go, but if I take Lizhui you would have to manage my duties. If you come with me I can leave Lizhui here. ❞

❝I'm coming. ❞Yu An said without hesitation.

❝Are you sure? ❞Wang Shu asked looking at her.

❝You aren't leaving me with a sea of documents. Do you want me to die of boredom? I want to kick ass. ❞Yu An said smiling.

❝Alright, then prepare.We'll leave tonight at dawn. ❞

❝Alright, see you tonight then. ❞ Yu An said and left humming.

❝Can you manage here? ❞Wang Shu asked Lizhui.

❝Of course. You should take care, you don't know what you're going to encounter.

❝I will. I'll go prepare then. ❞

_________________
Night came and Yu An got up on her horse excited.

❝Let's leave then. ❞Wang Shu said and they left.

After riding all nigh, they arrived in Qinpai around 9am.
Both tied their horses and walked around the town. People seemed afraid and rushed to go back inside.

The forest had a cloud of black smoke coming out of it and could be seen even from the city.

❝It's better to go on foot from now. ❞Wang Shu stated and Yu An hummed in agreement.

❝What do you know about these disappearances? ❞Yu An questioned curious.

❝The first one took place two weeks ago and it was three men going to hunt in the forest. Everyone though they went to deep and got killed by spiritual beasts, but the disappearances continued and the forest began to die and that smoke appeared. ❞Wang Shu explained looking at the black smoke.

❝Oh? Seems like something or someone dangerous is waiting inside the forest. This smoke... seems like something a demonic cultivator is surrounded with. ❞Yu An said and looked at Wang Shu.

❝A demonic cultivator? You may be right! A demonic cultivator controls the dead... is he making an army? ❞Wang Shu asked thinking.

❝We don't know until we see. Seems like the most reasonable idea we have. Take this to hide your aura so we'll seem common people. ❞Yu An said and gave Wang Shu a pill which he took immediately.

Yu An felt a little happy that he didn't thought much about taking the pill. She took the pill as well and they walked towards the forest.

Once in, a anxious feeling hit both of them.

Exploring around, Yu An heard a howl and walked back. Wang Shu heard it as well and did the same, their backs meeting each other and in the next second walking corpses surrounded them.

❝Am I fighting zombies now? ❞Yu An mumbled.

Zomb-what?❞Wang Shu thought confused.

❝It's useless to fight them together, they'll just revive every time unless the cultivator stops them. I'll take care of them and you find that bastard and kick him in the balls. ❞Yu An said with no care that she's vulgar.

❝Can you manage?❞Wang Shu questioned, worried to leave her with so many corpses.

❝Of course. Take and bite this and move your ass. ❞Yu An gave him one of the fruits she collected from the cave.

Wang Shu bit the fruit.

❝Cultivate, I'll keep you safe.❞Yu An said and immediately the corpses reached and attacked them.

Wang Shu sat down to asimilate the spiritual energy and make it his own while Yu An fought corpses and kept him safe.

Soon Wang Shu finished and a purple light came from him shooting into the sky.

❝Don't die. ❞ he said before flying away to find the one who controls the bodies.

❝I won't so don't die either. ❞Yu An smiled and charged into the crowd of corpses cutting with her spiritual energy sword left and right.

__________________
Wang Shu flew high in the sky looking for the demonic cultivator when he saw a temple so he landed at its doors. The spiritual energy here felt evil and wicked.

A faint flute sound reached his ears and he looked around the big room when he sensed a murderous aura coming after him.

He jumped back and looked behind him, a woman covered with a veil stood with a bloody knife and laughed at him.

❝You're quite good, sensing my sneaky attack. And you're hot too, say, I'll spare you if you sleep with me. ❞

❝Disgusting. ❞ Wang Shu said and attacked the woman trying to hit her chest with his fists.

The woman stopped his fists with her knife and laughed like a hiena.

❝You have a woman's smell on you, a pity. But after you die I'll ask Master to let me sleep with your corpse. ❞

❝Who's your master? ❞Wang Shu asked.

❝Maybe I'll tell you if you beg. ❞

Wang Shu frowned and attacked the woman again and again until he saw that it's useless.

He then noticed a part of the roof was ready to fall so he pushed her into the wall and rushed to kick the roof making it collapse on the woman.

A bone crushing sound and then silence. Wang Shu still had his guards up in case she isn't dead.