Art

Denki's pov

He wasn't expecting the closet to be this small when he pulled them in. Shinsou's ragged breathing can be felt above his head, and large hands cling to his arm, at the very least, he'd been pushed up against something soft and comfortable. It even had a pleasant scent, similar to lavender laundry detergent. Denki quietly asked if Shinsou could tell what he was leaning against but the answer never came because Bakugou set off an explosion and then screamed "DUNCE I KNOW YOU'RE SOMEWHERE AROUND HERE!" 'There's the nickname again.'

Denki knows Bakugou won't kill him, but he has to act scared and laugh about it later for his friends to think he's fine being the dumb one who steals Bakugou's food. The explosions are louder now meaning Bakugou is close and Shinsou seems unfazed, his hands are still holding Denki's arm but now they are relaxed. "Kamianari if you let go of my shirt I can go stop Bakugou." 'HIS WHAT NOW!' Denki quickly backs away until he hits shelves of cleaning supplies and lets the fabric drop from his numb hands. Denki can't believe he had been pushed into Shinsou's chest and hadn't thought it was wrong he just thought it felt right. He's flushed with embarrassment and hopes Shinsou can't see him in the dark.

Shinsou leaves the closet to go find Bakugou without a second comment and Denki is left alone to regain sanity 'That just happened, that really just happened. Shinsou's going to hate me! He obviously doesn't like physical contact and I just clang to him like a koala. Stupid idiot!' He wants to go to his roof, he wants to be alone and not have to worry about anything. He wants these stupid feelings to go away. He wants to be the model son, who is unfazed when shoved into another man's chest and can receive flawless grades. But Denki isn't that perfect picture his parents want and it hurts to be reminded of it. Hurts to know he never can be it.

"He's gone now, you can come out," Shinsou says from the other side of the door. The words are smooth, Denki tries hard not to imagine Shinsou's singing voice and how beautiful it would be but fails miserably. He and Shinsou are stilling having lunch. Denki must look frazzled and embarrassed but he can just chalk it up to needing Shinsou to save him.

Denki steps out of the closet, literally, he's far from doing it figuratively. Shinsou is waiting, holding something in a bag close to his body, probably his lunch. Denki is embarrassed when he sees the slight crinkle at the front of his uniform, 'was I holding on that tight?' "Uh, thanks for saving me." It's said softly, tone matching his voice when he isn't forcing a happy disguise and it shocks him that he had let it fall in front of someone. Shinsou doesn't show any reaction to it and Denki can't tell if he even noticed the difference.

"Welcome," Shinsou mumbles, "Now where's your lunch, I have a spot." Right lunch, Denki doesn't normally eat much because he's talking to his friends. He hadn't even thought about grabbing lunch, his friends don't notice when he isn't eating. Bakugou does at dinner though but it's only because he's the one cooking and serving. For once he can feel the hunger that usually gets pushed down with his emotions.

"I haven't grabbed it yet! Come with me?" Denki adds extra excitement to his words. It's a long shot because Shinsou doesn't seem like one for crowds but Denki wants to spend the entirety of lunch learning about his newest friend.

"Fine." Shinsou sounds tired, like Aizawa when one of them asks something when he's about to fall asleep. It reminds Denki this is Shinsou's first day in a new class and he probably doesn't want to be bombarded by them in the cafeteria.

"You can wait outside if you want." He gets a nod and they start to head to the cafeteria.

.....

Once he gets his food Denki avoids the many people and goes to where Shinsou is standing. He looks cool leaning against the wall bored expression on point while he waits for Denki to come back. Denki was convinced Shinsou was going to slip away while he was getting food, he doesn't look excited about this lunch. 'Probably has better thing to do than hang out with a dumb blonde.'