Rock

Shinsou's pov

He grabs the bottle and reads over the letter again, then gently rolls it up before his intrusive thoughts can get the better of him.

It's something Shinsou has been working on lately, being more confident in his decisions. You need to have that quality to be a good hero. In a life or death situation, you can't change a decision or plan in the moment. You need to be confident you'll succeed.

He slips the paper into the bottle and smiles slightly to himself. 'No going back now.' Shinsou scans his room again before spotting a rock Shinsou had painted ago. His art style was different than it is now and it was kind of messy but Shinsou loves it. It was his version of the starry night painting by Van Gogh. It had good memories attached to it.

Eri, Dad, and him had gone to a fair (Eri's request) and they decided to stop at a booth where you got to paint rocks. Shinsou had been hesitant, Eri definitely wouldn't like his art but puppy eyes got the best of him. Soon he had fallen into the rhythm of laughing with his family and painting sloppy on a lopsided rock. Even Dad had joined in, painting Bert on his.

The rock made him feel happy like a force field came up and pushed away any bad feelings. Shinsou wanted to share the feeling, and he had the perfect person to share it with. Kaminari might not see the rock and experience the memories that Shinsou has but maybe he can feel special from receiving it.

.....

Shinsou slowly climbs up to the roof, and quietly opens the door in case De-Kaminari is there. He has the bottle and the stone in his pocket, which he holds tightly to prevent them from slipping out.

The roof is completely coated in fresh snow. When Shinsou steps into it, it's soft, yet there's a slight crunch from the ice developing. Shinsou looks out at it, disappointed to see no footprints; 'He must be in his room then,' he concludes.

Walking through snow is always satisfying, the small crunching and the feeling of it pushing down under your feet. Shinsou might stay out on the roof longer than he thought. Though he can't let anyone find him out here, they'll probably think it's 'awesome' or whatever and then start hanging out here. Shinsou can't ruin Kaminari's peace and quiet like that. Shinsou feels like the roof and dorms are two completely different realms. One filled with noise and chaos, the other silent and calm.

When he reaches the usual spot, that's now covered in snow, he leans down and sets down the bottle and rock. Shinsou hopes Kaminari can find it. The bottle's color does stand out though so it should be easy to spot. 'I hope he smiles when he sees it.'

.....

Denki pov

When Aoyama finally looks at the clock he looks shocked, like he couldn't tell how long he and Denki had been talking. Denki had been wondering when they were going to end the conversation. As much as he likes having someone to talk to about his hobby, Denki at heart is a numb anti-social introvert who has been pretending to be the exact opposite for far too long today.

"Mon Dieu! C'est presque l'heure du dîner déjà. I believe we are having dinner together as a class to welcome Shinsou. I must get ready!" <translation: Oh My! It's almost dinner time already.>

"Yeah! I should too dude." Denki rubs his neck slightly, it's stiff from all the sitting he's done today. 'Maybe I can ask Mina for some of her lotions, but that might make me a burden...'

"Well, mon'ami I shall see you at dinner."

"You too bro!" It's enthusiastic sounding and Denki slightly wonders how he makes himself sound that happy all the time. It's tiring.

.....

Out in the hall, Denki feels like he can breathe again without the searching blue eyes looking through his soul. But since he had spent so much time with Aoyama he can't really relax or let the mask drop at all. For now, he just needs to focus on changing like he told Mina he was going to do an hour ago and then getting through dinner without falling apart.

Maybe after he can go be on the roof, see if any more letters had been left in the snow. He doubts there has been though, they would become soggy from the falling ice. Thanks to Denki's quirk he can generate energy that helps him stay warm but it only works for small amounts of time. If he's lucky he can be out there till curfew but that's only if he still has energy after this dinner. Many people might need their phones charged and why use a wall socket when the portable charger is right there.

Denki walks slowly to his room thinking about how Shinsou is going to be at dinner and seeing how his friends saw that Shinsou isn't against being near him Denki will probably sit next to him. His heart stutters slightly at the thought of being close to that purple-haired man again, close enough that their arms will be brushing...'I can't think about that! I'm straight, I like girls. Everyone will hate me if I like a boy.'

Once back in his room Denki heads to his closet hoping to find something clean-ish. When he tries to do laundry it always shorts out and then Denki becomes the burden again. Recently he's been sneaking his stuff in with Kiri's because when he finds the stuff that isn't his he just assumes that he had grabbed it in the locker rooms. It's almost endearing when Denki hears that, 'Bro! This got washed with my stuff.' every time.

Grabbing a t-shirt with "I Don't Know Watts Going On" printed on it in large yellow lettering and some black jeans Denki leaves to start his slow walk back to the common room. He hopes dinner doesn't go for too long.

.....

Heyo, I just started school again so I'll probably be focusing on that instead of updating but I'll try to whenever I get time. Hopefully, I'll be updating every 2 weeks but it will still be pretty random depending on homework and stuff.-Vibe