Chapter 238

“Ye Fan must have encountered something very urgent for her to skip such an important competition. Really hurts my heart. I hope she performs better.”

After the audience in front of the TV got to hear of the contents of the challenge, Qi Shu walked out.

It was his first time as a host, but after a few sessions, Qi Shu had already gotten used to it.

“Everyone knows that Hu Manju is a very hardworking actress. She takes only a few days off each year and is basically acting non-stop. She practically has no open slots.”

Qi Shu looked at the camera. “So, Hu Manjun is very good at remembering her lines.”

“Both directors and actors who have worked with Hu Manjun say that she can get into the role very quickly and jump from one role to another flawlessly.”

The audience has seen Hu Manjun’s movies. She slips into each and every role seamlessly with a wide range of roles she can handle. There were no limits to her skill.

Qi Shu, “So, not only are we going to be testing the contestants’ abilities to memorize the lines today, we are also going to test their ability to quickly grasp the emotions of the characters in a short amount of time.”

The netizens immediately began to feel sorry for the contestants.

“This production team is really good at torturing people. Remembering so many lines in such a short amount of time…won’t it confuse them?”

“Suddenly thought of when I had my finals in college…that was seriously scary.”

One by one, the groups went up the stage.

The first to appear are a pair of newcomers. After going through the first few episodes, they have already gained a small following.

The two were given the script “Sisters’ Prison Confrontation.”

The stage was already set up and the cold lighting was illuminating the stage. One of the actresses was wearing a prison outfit while the other wore a unit 76 uniform.

Even though the soundtrack, atmosphere, and setting were all very on point, the performances of the two actors spoiled the feeling that had gradually been built up on the stage.

The person playing the traitor read her lines so dryly that the audience couldn’t get immersed in it at all.

The person playing the undercover spy forgot her lines and had to add a few lines rudimentarily.

Producer Dong Xian sat there, shaking his head repeatedly.

The subtle quiet was not working well on this stage.

The performance does not have to be grand, but it has to be expressive. Even if you couldn’t memorize the lines inn a short time, you absolutely can not have stage fright when you are performing.

After the judges scored them, the next group of contestants came on stage. It was Chang Su and Shen Luoluo.

Chang Su’s performances never disappoints. She has been in the industry for many years and has excellent skills. In just a short scene, she was able to show the inner emotions of the characters to the audience.

Even though Shen Luoluo was slightly inferior, she tried her very best, and the score she received was also not too low.

In the end, the very last pair to come on are Ye Fan and Lu Qiwen.

Discussion broke out through the scene and the comments had also blown up in an instant.

“The two of them are in the same group? Lu Qiwen’s acting skill is so bad, she’ll definitely get crushed by Ye Fan.”

“But Ye Fan’s ranking is low. Lu Qiwen really has it good. I don’t even want to look at her.”

When the host announced the start of the performance, the voices of the audience gradually turned quiet. Even the comments stopped.

Ye Fan knew that Lu Qiwen will be playing the villain with a distinct character, so it was easy for her to catch the audiences’ attention.

In comparison, her role’s character is a bit blander and will easily be ignored.

However, a milder performance will still be excellent if she can interpret the role perfectly.

Her true skill will come in how she can make a bland character memorable.

Ye Fan has already prepared completely and she went up the stage without fear nor hurry.

The show began.

In the dark and claustrophobic room, Ye Fan was dressed in old clothes, her long hair draped over her shoulders. She sat sideways on the bed and looked straight ahead.

Lu Qiwen walked in. She glanced at Ye Fan and a sneer rose up her lips.

Lu Qiwen said mockingly, “Third Mistress, you’ve already been here for several days. Have you thought about it yet? Do you want to stay in this rundown place or will you follow the family head and live a rich life?”

“Look, this is what he asked me to bring you.” Lu Qiwen suddenly raised her hand and threw an object towards Ye Fan.