Chapter 285

There was a talented violinist in the violin major of this music academy, Ye Fan. She entered with top grades and had already won several awards before that.

When He Han came to this school, he saw Ye Fan. She was holding her violin case and passing by a tree with white flowers. The petals of the flowers scattered with the wind, landing by her feet.

The place was filled with the light scent of flowers and there was a cold quietness permeating the air.

He Han’s steps were unhurried as he followed Ye Fan to the music room.

The music room was closed, and a small gap was opened when the wind blew against the door, which was just enough for him to see the situation inside. Through the door, He Han was watching Ye Fan.

She was sitting on the chair, taking out the violin from her case with great care.

She was very careful as if she saw the violin she brought with her as a precious treasure.

Ye Fan had long and beautiful fingers which she used to rosin her bow. Her movements were very light and very slow.

He Han was outside the music room, quietly watching. The indifference in his cold eyes had disappeared. Even though there was no expression on his face, his eyes gradually deepened.

Ye Fan was so focused that she didn’t notice that someone was standing outside. Lifting up her violin, she set it on her left shoulder.

Inside the room.

Ye Fan’s bow landed on top of the strings and she began to play, the light sound of the violin flowing through the room.

From the very first note, the music room seemed to be filled with the sounds of larks calling.

Outside the room.

The handsome and cold man had put away his coldness in surprise. Lips curving up faintly, he watched Ye Fan closely with his eyes locked onto her.

Each and every one of her performances, and each part of her pieces, were all filled with emotion that left a deep impression on him.

That tune she played was called “The Lark”.

In the dark, cold, and rainy night, He Han opened his eyes.

The sound of the wind was smashing against the window and the rain dropping down brought some dampness to the air, pressing down drearily on his heart.

He Han narrowed his eyes and allowed the cold air to envelop him.

His vision gradually became clear and his mind slowly regained its clarity.

He Han recalled the image of that time, of the girl in the white dress that looked clean and pure like a gardenia flower. She was standing in the sun, playing “The Lark” with a focused expression.

That dream was a distant memory and seemed to have happened a long time ago, but it still felt vivid enough as if he could feel it.

He Han collected his thoughts and stopped thinking about the past. The present is more important now, like his moments with Ye Fan and their Dudu.

He looked through his phone and casually clicked on the screen a few times. Half a minute later, a melodious tune poured out into the room.

Ye Fan played the violin on the street when she was in Vienna. It was lyrical and slow, like a trickle of a stream that washed one’s soul.

There was also “The Lark” that she performed not long ago. The tones were high and intense, and as the notes came out from under her fingers, the one being pulled was not only the bow, but also his heartstrings.

As she played filled with concentration and devotion, the sound of her violin was clean and crisp.

Her violin had always sounded like this and came with an ability to calm the audience.

The night went on, but He Han didn’t go back to sleep. He shut his eyes and calmed down all his senses for a moment, listening with only his ears.

The sound of Ye Fan’s violin was still playing, echoing through the room again and again.

The melody evoked memories for He Han, it was the same violin sound from his distant memories, linking the present Ye Fan with the past, and the same unbelievable fate also linked the three of them together as a family.

Dior’s fashion show was going to begin in a few days, and both Ye Fan and Tang Jin had been sent samples of their new lipstick.

Dior’s lipsticks were neatly placed on the table one by one. Ye Fan looked at them.