Chapter 283

And, what Tang Jin was doing now was just so she could receive more benefits from the family. She wasn't sincerely trying to be their daughter.

But Tang Jin may not know that her real mother, Nie Weiru, was the same type of person as she was.

Nie Weiru was helped by Father Tang and developed feelings for him because of that, so she swapped their children around. She did it under the guise of liking him, but she was only hurting him.

Both Father Tang and Mrs. Tang were kept in the dark, raising her child for so many years.

Tang Jin's sudden intimate action caused Jian Lan's body to stiffen. Her feelings towards Tang Jin were just like relatives living in the same home, not the intimacy between a mother and daughter.

Jian Lan was sharp and she hid the matter very well. She did not tell anyone.

Very quickly, she returned to normal and patted Tang Jin's hand.

"Granny Wu cooked a lot of food, and they're all your favorites." Even if Jian Lan couldn't feel any warmth towards Tang Jin, she still tried her best to be a good mother.

"Go and change first, then you can eat lunch."

Tang Jin pulled her arms away. "Then, wait for me."

As Tang Jin headed for her room, Jian Lan got up and left for the kitchen.

The moment she turned around, the smile on Tang Jin's lips fell. The food that Jian Lan called her favorites wasn’t her actual favorites at all.

Ever since knowing the truth of her birth, Tang Jin was panicked for a while, but she was able to calm down.

In order to continue staying in the Tang family, she hid her own likes and dislikes, copying the eating habits, personality traits, and way of dress of the Tang family, pretending to be one of them.

Who knows how Tang Jin was able to do all this in her young age. She looked naive, but many thoughts ran through her mind.

After coming out of the room, Tang Jin went straight to the living room and casually pressed on the remote controller, switching one channel after another.

On one of the channels, the rerun of "The Superstar Project" happened to be playing.

Tang Jin's face turned cold and she didn't skip the channel. She put the remote down and looked coldly at Ye Fan on the screen.

"Superstar Project" just happened to be playing Ye Fan's violin performance.

Under Ye Fan's fingers, the crisp sound of the violin poured out endlessly, flowing into every corner of the living room.

It was originally a moving performance, but for Tang Jin, it was like claws on a chalkboard.

Tang Jin sneered and stared at the screen without blinking.

At this moment, Jian Lan came out from the kitchen. Her footsteps were so light that Tang Jin did not notice her standing behind her.

Jian Lan noticed Tang Jin's expression. It was different from usual; her eyes were cold. Jian Lan thought it was strange. Just like Tang Jin, she also looked towards the screen.

Ye Fan had just completed her piece, "The Lark". Then, she revealed a smile in front of everyone, and her eyes just happened to settle on the camera.

Jian Lan's heart jumped. Looking at Ye Fan, she couldn't move her gaze away.

Jian Lan remembered Ye Fan. The last time she saw her was on a promotional meet. During that time, she felt that Ye Fan had given her a sense of familiarity.

Jian Lan lived a simple life and never paid attention to entertainment news. Even though Tang Jin was in the entertainment industry and was involved in so many activities, the Tang family only treats it as her work.

The studio was solely responsible for everything. The Tang family never interfered.

This was the first time Jian Lan had seen “The Superstar Project". She didn't expect Ye Fan to participate in it as well.

And, when she saw Ye Fan again, that familiar feeling was still there. However, she had no idea where that feeling came from.

Jian Lan's throat was feeling a little itchy. Even she herself had no idea what she was thinking anymore. Eyes still on Ye Fan, she asked.

"So this is Ye Fan?" An indiscernible sense of warmth was in her voice.