Chapter 276

After Ye Fan’s performance, the host, Qi Shu, invited the challenger, Shi Rui, onto the stage as well.

The two contestants stood on the stage together, and after the judges’ comments, they will be scored.

Ye Fan stood on the stage. Since she was playing the violin, the black hair strands next to her ear were a little messy, but it set off her appearance to make her look even colder and more beautiful, like a pure white gardenia flower.

Shi Rui stood next to Ye Fan. She had already carefully tidied up a little when she went down the stage earlier. Her makeup was well done and her hair wasn’t messy either.

But Shi Rui’s carefully crafted appearance looks a little forced.

In the netizen’s comments, they really focused on the topic of “Little Ye Fan”.

Especially as the two of them rarely appeared on stage at the same time, their differences were highlighted even more.

“The difference between an online star and a real celebrity is really there. Isn’t Ye Fan too beautiful? Well, actually I have to sigh about her beauty every time I see Ye Fan.”

“Shi Rui and Ye Fan standing next to each other are like seller photos vs buyer photos. She’s completely no match for Ye Fan, and is even trying to play the Little Ye Fan setting. She really is shameless.”

“I knew Shi Rui was going to be crushed tonight, but I didn’t think it was going to be this bad. From her looks to her abilities, there’s simply nothing here that’s worth looking at.”

“Tsk tsk, Shi Rui probably had high expectations about causing a buzz by latching onto Ye Fan on the program, but now she’s made a fool of herself. What an idiot.”

There was a lot of discussion on the internet, but the people on the venue didn’t know about this. The judges picked up the microphones and began to comment on the two contestants.

Tonight, the crew invited a famous Chinese musician, Tan Zheng, who has worked on many movie scores and was even nominated for an Oscar.

Tan Zheng critiqued Ye Fan’s performance first. He loved music and knew how to appreciate a talent.

“Ye Fan, your technique is indeed good and your pitch is well-grasped.” Tan Zheng went on, “But in this song, ‘The Lark’, what I noticed was not your skill.”

The audience was all stunned. What did Tan Zheng mean?

Tan Zheng paused for a moment before expressing his thoughts seriously. “Sitting here, it felt as if I really did hear the sound of the larks. It was astonishing.”

As Tan Zheng spoke, the scene erupted into loud applause.

Tan Zheng was a musician who had been nominated for an Oscar. The fact that he would give such high praise for Ye Fan’s performance meant that it satisfied him. Moreover, he also spoke to the audience about his thoughts.

Immediately afterwards, Tan Zheng turned his eyes to Shi Rui. The smile on his face was no longer there, and his eyes had also dimmed considerably.

Tan Zheng did not immediately comment, but asked, “Shi Rui, what do you think of your performance?”

Shi Rui blushed. Even she knew that she made many mistakes during her performance.

It was her first time performing in front of the camera and in front of such a large audience on TV. Shi Rui was both nervous and frightened. She just wanted to hurry up and finish her performance so she could get off the stage. She had been learning the violin for many years, but tonight, she performed like a complete beginner.

“I’m sorry, this is my first time performing in public.” Shi Rui tried to gain sympathy points with the judges, speaking meekly.

“Is that the reason why you didn’t practice properly?” Tang Zheng jabbed at her with a sharp tongue, pointing at the fact that she did not treat this competition seriously.

“This is the challenge competition. If you really did come to participate in the competition, why did you get on stage with just this? Don’t you have even the most basic respect towards the audience?”

“If you don’t even have the basic technique down, how are you going to add emotion to the piece? The audience is completely unable to feel what you are trying to express with your playing.”