Chapter 316

He Han’s words were very light, but they weighed a ton.

Ye Fan’s heart suddenly jumped. She understood that He Han was giving her an assurance of the future.

She quickly gathered her thoughts and calmed herself down.

Ye Fan’s voice was calm. “Since you’ve already made up your mind, I’m not going to interfere with your decisions.”

He Han seemed to be waiting for Ye Fan’s answer the whole time, and his body finally relaxed. He answered softly, “Thank you for understanding.”

Ye Fan pursed her lips. “You better be prepared for how Dudu’s going to react.”

He Han answered without hesitation. “I will.”

They seemed to have reached a tacit agreement to reveal this secret to their child.

Ye Fan hesitated for a few seconds before she said, “Also, I’m only treating you as Dudu’s father…”

What she wanted to tell He Han was the fact that she had no feelings for him right now. The part they were going to play was the part of Dudu’s parents. Everything was for Dudu’s sake.

But she had never thought about marriage.

Ye Fan didn’t grow up in a complete family. She had no idea how to deal with this situation in front of her. She was fumbling over all the things related to Dudu. If this method He Han proposed would be the right choice for Dudu, then she figured she should try it out.

He Han interrupted Ye Fan and said straightforwardly, “I understand.”

“Right now, the only thing I wish for is to become Dudu’s father in name only.” He Han said, “I won’t force you into anything else.”

He Han wasn’t in a hurry in regards to his relationship with Ye Fan.

Right now, his primary goal was to get Dudu to accept him. As long as Dudu was willing, they could work out the rest together as father and son.

He Han’s eyes flickered, and his lips moved. “Before you agree to go out with me, we can raise Dudu together.”

Raise Dudu together? He Han seemed to have fit himself into their family somehow.

Ye Fan subconsciously realized that there was something wrong with those words. She narrowed her eyes and peered at He Han.

Ye Fan just happened to meet He Han’s gaze at that moment. His gaze was extremely focused, as if every word he said just now was completely serious.

Ye Fan was stunned. Their eyes met, and she could see the clear determination in his eyes.

For a moment, she was actually at a loss for words.

Seeing that Ye Fan did not refute him, He Han smiled, an imperceptible amount of it reaching his eyes.

Ye Fan calmed herself and no longer looked at He Han. She did not speak again.

The atmosphere in the car didn’t seem as stiff as before.

He Han looked down at his watch. “I have to rush to the set for a filming this afternoon.”

Ye Fan was stunned. “You came from the studio?”

The studio was nearly an hour’s drive away from the commercial set. He Han had come so far just to speak to her for a few minutes.

He Han responded lightly. “Mhm.”

His response was unusual. He looked as if there was nothing more important than her and their child.

“There are many things we can’t talk through on the phone,” He Han tried to give her a simple explanation. “I wanted to work it out with you face to face.”

Even though his tone was light, his actions showed how much he cared.

He Han enunciated each of his words. “Especially you and Dudu. You are both the most important ones for me.”

Ye Fan lowered her eyes, looking down at the hem of her jacket and not speaking.

He Han made a call to Dai Jinshan, said a few words to him, and hung up.

Ye Fan was sitting at the side. She saw He Han looking at her and leaned in slightly without any hurry. “Dai Jinshan said there are no paparazzi nearby. It’s safe here, so don’t worry.”

In the next moment, He Han looked at her and spoke in a quiet voice. “I should go now.”

Ye Fan nodded. “Alright.”

He Han opened the car door and left. The car was now empty, leaving only the sound of the air moving.

Ye Fan sat there, thinking about something.

After a while, her agent and assistant arrived. The car began to move.