EIGHT 🌸

"Hi Fearne, right? I'm Mr Duffy the performing arts teacher

"Hi Fearne, right? I'm Mr Duffy the performing arts teacher. We do a huge range of creative stuff in here. Can you sing? Can you dance? Can you act? Would you be interested in participating in the school musical?"

The teacher bombarded me as soon as I walked through the theater room door. He was a funny looking fellow with a big brown head of bushy hair and paint splatters covering the majority of his clothes. He was a little too enthusiastic for this side of ten AM.

"Um, yeah I guess I can sing, dance and act but I'm not going to be around long enough to partake in any performance probably."

"Oh." He seemed really disappointed with my truthful answer. "Well we also do the creative aspect of theatre. Art, backdrops and props, costume design as well as music and tech. We're painting backdrops right now so grab a paint brush and get started. The sunflowers need painting over there."

He pointed to a set of scaffolding and offered me a crooked smile. I should've been looking at the sunflowers and paint pots but instead I was looking at the higher part of the scaffolding where Arlo sat with his legs draped over the edge, not painting but talking to a posse of people. They seemed to eat up every word he said and laughed at all of his jokes. I rolled my eyes accordingly.

"Are you going to do any work at all today Arlo?" He looked up at Mr Duffy from his conversation and then grabbed his leg, faking groans of aches and pains.

"I seem to have fractured my motivation." The circle of friends surrounding him laughed.

"What a dick." He noticed me and his eyebrows raised in surprise.

He jumped down from the scaffolding and made his way towards me. I ignored him, grabbing a pot of mustard paint to fill in the petals of these damn sunflowers. He copied me, picking up another pot.

"Hey Blossom, fancy seeing you here in this delinquent class." He got me riled up on instant.

"Why are you talking to her?" A really snobby girl looked down her nose at me and then flicked her platinum blonde hair over her shoulder.

I laughed, the thing I've learnt from attending many different schools is that they're all the same. There's always a handful of bitches who think they're better than everyone and love to put people down.

Luckily for her I didn't have time to delve into the drama of Lakeland Academy, like all of my other homes and schools it was temporary so I wasn't going to waste my breath on someone so superficial.

"Meow Callista!" Arlo teased. "I'll speak to whomever I want." He shooed his hand at her telling her to scram but she didn't move.

"How about it Blossom? Want to paint sunflowers together?"

"I would literally chew off my own arm, let it rot in the corner for days. Eat it. Vomit it back up and then suck up the vomit through my nose with a paper straw, rather than work with you and my name is not Blossom."