THIRTY SIX 🌸

Someone was banging around in my room, I heard them changing the bins, vacuuming the floor and banging the windows open

Someone was banging around in my room, I heard them changing the bins, vacuuming the floor and banging the windows open. My father didn't clean, that was a woman's job.

I opened my eyes and blinked in my surroundings, my very grey, male energy surroundings. I sat up quick and then grabbed my head which echoed in pain with my sudden movement.

"Oh hey, I was trying not to wake you." Says the lady making maximum noise.

I squirmed uncomfortably, thankful to be fully dressed even if it was only in Arlo's stupid soccer jersey.

The embarrassment felt hot on my cheeks as the flashbacks of last night rolled in like a kaleidoscope of bad memories. Arlo moved beneath the covers next to me and I gnawed down on my lip nervously.

"Mom, go away." His raspy voice complained from the deep, dark depths of his bed. She dropped her tied trash bag to the floor and sat down dipping the bottom of his mattress. I shifted awkwardly further up, my heart pounding with regret.

"So you stayed over last night." She observed.

"Mom-" Arlo sighed out.

"That's new." She seemed interested and curious, assessing the situation through her deep brown eyes. They were big and pretty but also intimidating, I mean, this was his mom. 

My lips were glued together in fear of saying the wrong thing. "Listen Fearne" she placed her hand over mine and I looked down at the contrasting skin colours. "I don't know how things work for you, medically speaking."

"Mom, oh my god. Don't." Arlo begged, sitting up and putting his hands over his face. I kept myself extremely rigid. This felt awkward.

"But I got pregnant with Arlo's sister at a young age and I just want to make sure you're both being careful." Arlo groaned behind his hands, it was like someone had poured cement down my throat, I couldn't speak.

Visions of last night plagued my mind, I messed up. I plunged deeply into temptation and ruined my own purity, his mom knew that. She could see right through me and now she was here to give me the abstinence speech that I was so used to hearing. She was about to tell me how I drastically lowered my self worth by giving myself away to someone other than my husband.

I felt sick and disappointed in myself.

"If you ever wanted to go on birth control that needs an adults consent I'll sort it for you. An IUD, the pill, the coil... anything. I mean, I don't want to step on any boundaries or anything and I know Liv would help you out in a heartbeat but it's complicated for them. They'd have to go through your social worker or who ever has parental rights over you and it would have to be documented. It could get messy but I'll do it on the quiet, no fucks given."

"Jesus Christ mom, just stop. We're platonic." Arlo was dying of shame beside me.

"Okay that's good. But still, I'm just letting the girl know she has options, nothing wrong with that." She stood up, picking up her trash bag again.