TWENTY TWO 🌸

I decided to walk home because getting in the car with Arlo would have just been too awkward

"Hey."

He rolled up along side me in a banged up car that wasn't his own and I ignored him completely, carrying on walking and keeping my eyes pointed straight ahead.

"Get in and I'll give you a ride."
"Blossom?"
"Blossom!"

"I swear I'm not going to drag you to some hotel this time. I'll take you straight home and I'll drive safely, I promise." He laughed at himself and I rolled my eyes but carried on walking through the darkness.

"Look, I know you're on your period but can you not be all PMS with me right now?" I stopped walking and peered at him with murderous intentions. His eyes blazed with mischief in the light of the street lamp. "Ahhhhh! I knew that would get a reaction."

"You're dick! I hate you!" My height was too small to accommodate all of the fury I felt burning inside of me right now.

He made me crazy, one minute I wanted to feel his body against mine, his lips claiming me, his hands holding me. The next minute I wanted to shove my foot up his ass whilst I've got my hands wrapped around his throat.

"Get in, you can tell me how much you hate me. It will be fun."

I growled and stomped over to his car. He hit his foot on the gas and moved away from me.

"Just kidding, c'mon." He shouted from the car window a foot ahead.

I attempted to reach for the handle for a second time and he drove again.

"You know what Arlo, fuck you! My life has been fucking perfect these past ten days without you to deal with." He leaned over and opened the passenger side door for me.

"God, you're so dramatic! Get in!" I hesitated before trying a third time. He laughed as I slipped into the chair next to him. "Seatbelt." He warned, I pulled a face at him and then buckled up.

He drove at a reasonable speed, stopping at the red lights and fully focused on the road. I had so many questions I wanted to know the answer to but I knew it wouldn't be as simple as to just ask. 

"Why are you staring at me?"

Oh shit. I didn't realise I was.

"I have questions." I admitted.

"I have questions too." I squirmed uncomfortably in my seat, not liking the direction this was headed. "How about we each ask one question, and be one hundred percent truthful with our answers?"

"Okay."

"You go first." He prompted.

I had so many things I wanted to ask him. Why was he mad at me? Was he acting insane at the hotel because he has ADHD? Whose car is this? Did he want his hoodie back? Was I safe with him?