THIRTY 🌸

I tossed my hair a few times because after a full day of school it was looking rather flat

I tossed my hair a few times because after a full day of school it was looking rather flat. A girl entered the bathroom, I recognised her from my performing arts class. She was the stuck up girl who had a problem with Arlo talking to me, Calista.

She looked me up and down and then laughed to herself. I've been around enough soul-sucking leeches to know that the bitchy laugh was directed towards me.

"What?" I snapped, not in the mood to be insulted.

"Word around school is that you claim to be celibate." I sighed and continued tossing my hair. She slammed herself next to me and leaned against the sink. "I think that's a cover up."

"A cover up for what?" She laughed again, her laugh was irritating the fuck out of me.

"Because you're ugly and nobody would touch you."

"You ugly little whore!" My father threw his brandy glass against the wall and it shattered everywhere making my shoulders shudder. "You are the biggest regret of my life, nothing but a drain financially.

"It wasn't my fault, I'm so sorry father." I sobbed relentlessly but that didn't stop this one-sided three hour battle of harsh words. "The teacher sat me next to him, I had no choice."

"You're a conniving little bitch, worming your way in with the boys when I already told you that you couldn't date him. A slut! That's what you are! A slut just like your mother! Everyone would've been much better off if you had stayed dead!"

"Nobody wants you Fearne, not Jamie, not Eli, not Cameron, not Arlo, not St-"

"You're wrong." I interrupted. "I'm not celibate, I'm not even a virgin." Her thin brows soared. "I've had sex with Arlo." I turned back to the mirror and continued fixing my hair.

"Hatties Arlo?" Any happiness I felt plummeted, parachute broken, left falling ungracefully from the sky. She took a stab at my chest and it was my own fault. I set myself up for it.

"You haven't had sex with Arlo, he wouldn't touch you." There was actual filth coming off her face from the expression she wore.

Sure, I wasn't pretty. Not by the standards of Lexi or Hattie. But was I really that bad? I couldn't let her win this.

"Sure I have, plenty of times." I lied.

She folded her arms across her chest and raised a brow, clearly not believing me.

"What's he like?" Shit.

Amongst my panic I remembered Lexis words.

"Rough."

"Rough?" 

"Yeah, there's a fine line between pain and pleasure. A lot to be said about the rush of excitement and anticipation when he bends you over, peels back your skirt and-" I slapped my hands together just like she did and Calista stared in a trance.