ARLO 🌀

"Are you enjoying your party?" I crept up behind her and wrapped my arms around her waist

"Yes." She smiled, assessing the room with a certain warmth. It made me so happy to see her happy.

"Come dance with me." She pulled away from me and turned to face me.

"Actually, could we talk for a minute? Outside." My brow furrowed. That didn't sound good.

"Okay." She grabbed my hand and I followed her out into the backyard. She sat down on the swing set at the back and I sat next to her, aware of my beating heart.

"Right over there, that's where we first met." She pointed towards the large tree and the rose bushes lining the fences. "You were this mysterious guy who got me angry and I never really felt anger before because I was so numb. I didn't care enough about my place in this world to feel angry about anything."

"Okay?" I was confused, was she trying to break up with me?

"But I was also really attracted to you. That's what comes first right, attraction?"

"Yeah, I guess."

"I pushed you into that pool over there. I was so mad at you but also really excited that I had kissed you. Again, another emotion I didn't ever feel. Excitement."

"Blossom, why are you-"

"But I only started to like you right over there." She pointed towards my garden. "It was the night of the party. I watched you kissing everyone else but not me. Nobody picked me for that dumb game and I felt jealous that they got to kiss you and I didn't."

"I warned everyone not to pick you before you came out, you were too innocent. I knew you would have too many regrets when you sobered up." She smiled.

"Yeah, you're probably right. But seeing you kiss other people, it awakened another new emotion within me, jealousy and boy I festered up that feeling a fair few times since. In feeling jealous I realised that I actually liked you."

I grabbed her hand and held it in my warm palm. "I like you too." I admitted.

"I understand why you call me Blossom now and it's not because of the power puff girls. It's because you planted a seed within me and over time that seed has blossomed into a beautiful flower."

"ododo mi" I whispered. "My flower." She smiled.

"It was right here you told me about your bipolar disorder." My smile dimmed a little. "I didn't understand it fully but when I did I felt this overbearing sense of pride. I was proud of you. You struggle immensely, all the time and yet you're still this amazing person.

You had the power to make me feel safe and secure, to take away my bad thoughts. That is something I have never felt in my whole life, not even when my mom was alive.

Watching how strongly you fight through each one of your battles. Feeling you protect me even when you're not in the right frame of mind. Admiring your strength to continue even on your darkest days, it made my feelings for you grow and now they bloom."

"What are you saying Blossom?"

"I'm saying, mo nife re."

I couldn't hide my shocked face or my smile. "Wow, that was actually pretty good."

"Say it back." I laughed.

"Mo nife re." I repeated.

"Arlo, from the moment we met, I have always had feelings for you. Ife mi lialia. Onitemi. Idunnumi. Ayanmo mi."

(my endless love) (my only) (My happiness) (my soulmate)

My jaw dropped to the ground and she smiled. "Do you know what you just said to me?"

"I do."

I grabbed her chin and kissed her soft lips so sweetly. "Fuck Blossom, I love you so fucking much. In all languages, I love you."

She laughed, "I love you."

I picked her up and she wrapped her legs around my waist. "We're going to go to my bedroom now." I started walking away from the swing set with her in my arms.

"Arlo, everyone is looking at us through the window." I laughed.

"So wave goodbye." She swatted my shoulder playfully and laughed.

I laughed too because she was right, these feelings between us had blossomed into full bloom and in every language, in every state of mind, I loved Fearne Rosenburg with all of my heart.

Mo nife re,

The End.