[Chapter: 14]

A really long update! ;)

|••|

Shock would be an understatement. She wasn't even expecting him to confess that he like her and here, the man in front of her whom she adore a lot, is proposing her to become his girlfriend.

She blinked snapping out of her thoughts to see him still looking at her with a small smile.

"Annika if you don't wanna be, it's totally fine. It's just I couldn't control. I like you so much that even the thought of someone else calling you as his scares me. I promise, nothing will change within us. We'll be still good friends", he said holding her palms.

Although he said, he knew he's going to face a heartbreak if she refuses to become his girlfriend. There would be an awkwardness between them which he don't want in any way.

"Ar-are you..sure? I mean I am clumsy, you're clean freak, I am usually late for things, you're punctual. I am unorganised, you're organised, I am messy too at times. You-you'll get tired of me", she shuttered looking at him.

"You'll be the last thing I will get tired of. Let's give us a chance?", he asked again, "be mine", he said softly looking in her eyes.

She could see sincerity, honesty in his eyes. She could see feelings in his eyes which she was not able to understand but they're some strong feeling. She liked him enough to let him go.

"I will be your girlfriend", she said softly and smiled shyly. His face brightened like a kid who got his favourite cake, like a man who got biggest deal of his life, like a lady who made winged eyeliner in one go.

"Really? You're not doing in any pressure na?", he asked with soften eyes. She shook her head and the next minute, she was in his arms.

He wrapped his arms tightly around her waist. Because of her crop top, her bare waist could feel his warm arms around it sending tingling feelings inside her. She shudder under his touch and wrapped her arms around his back.

"I won't let you regret it Annika. You'll be the happiest person, I will protect you. I promise you", he whispered in her ear.

"I believe you", she closed her eyes making herself comfortable against his neck. His face was on his shoulder, she could feel his warm breath on her skin.

Parting from the hug, she looked at him who was grinning at her. The way his face shines under the light brightness of moon, his skin beside eyes creases as his eyes slightly closes. Subconsciously, a smile came on her face.

"Shivaay"

"Mhm?"

"I like you too"

She said smiling at him. He stiffen for a moment and looked at her. She could see his eyes softening. His lips parted while he looked at her entire face, maybe to read if she's having any second thoughts.

"You do?", he asked, surprised. She nodded and held his hands.

"I like you very much. I have been trying to say it since yesterday but wasn't getting courage. I was scared that you'll think I am rushing but here, you surprised me", she ended with small laugh. He chuckled.

"You don't know how much I like you", he said making her blush. He moved closer and rubbed his thumb on her cheeks.

"Your blush just do something to me", he muttered with his eyes on her cheeks. She smiled lowering her face.

"Shivaay!"

"What?", he asked looking at her face. She chuckled shaking head.

"Nothing. You just say so sweet words that I just go gushing over them", she said.