[Chapter: 30]

"Hey guys..what's happening?", Annika asked as Shivaay made her sit on the long couch. Everyone were sitting around the bonfire near poolside.

"Didi, Malika di wants to tell us something", Rudra said sitting beside her and forwarding the baked sweet potatoes towards her. She was sitting between the three brothers with Shivaay on one side and Om and Rudra on other side.

"Malika, now everyone is here. Just spill na", Gauri said.

"Is everything fine puttar?", dadi asked.

"Everything is fine dadi. My mom called, she is coming to Mumbai tomorrow", Malika said.

"Oh wow, Pallavi ji is coming. It's been a while we have met", Jhanvi said with a smile.

"Yes aunty. Even she wants to meet everyone but she is coming for a reason. She..", she paused and took a deep breath before smiling softly, "she is coming with an alliance for my marriage", she said making jaw drop of young clan.

"What? Malika di and marrying someone else. I thought something will happen between Arnav bhai and her", Rudra whisper said shocked. Annika shrugged looking at everyone.

She looked towards Arnav who looked shocked and as if the land is snatch below his feet. He got up worked up.

"Alliance? As in wedding alliance?", he asked coming in front of her.

"Of course Arnav. She meant that only. Congratulations Mal, I never thought you'll be the first one in us to get married", Shivaay said with a smile.

"Beta that's a really good news. Who is the boy?", Jhanvi asked.

"I don't know much aunty. Mom said he is CEO of a multinational company. Mom says he will be perfect for me", Malika said ignoring Arnav's gaze on her.

"Malika..how can you marry someone like that?", Arnav scowled.

"What do you mean by how? I will marry the same way everyone does", she said nonchalantly.

"Malika you'll be in Mumbai only right?", Gauri asked in between.

"I don't know Ri. Though he is Mumbai based but let's see", Malika said widening his eyes.

"Okay quiet. I want to talk to her now", Arnav said little loudly and made Malika look at her.

"You..you can't marry Malika", he said softly.

"Why Arnav? Why can't I marry?", she asked looking in his eyes.

"Because.. I mean you don't even know him well", he said averting gaze. This angered her.

"So what? That's why it's an arrange alliance. I will meet him, know him and then we'll think about future", she said crossing arms across her chest.

"Okay fair enough..you don't even love him, leave love..you don't even like him right now", he said with a small smile but covered it.

"So?", she shrugged, "Arnav we live in India. Most of marriages here are arranged and even successful. Right dadi?", Malika asked looking at dadi at last.

"There's a point. Your dadaji just saw me once and then next day, alliance came to my doorsteps and in one month, my wedding was arranged. We didn't even met properly till then. Just glanced at each other now and then but we fell in love after marriage, had kids and even though he's not with me now, I can still feel his love inside me", dadi said with a smile remembering her young days.

Everyone smiled hearing her love story. Dadi smiled at everyone.

"Exactly. Love can happen after marriage. Anyways I am not in love with anyone. Neither I am in a committed relationship. I will give a chance to love after marriage", Malika said casually.