[Chapter: 32]

Blame my college and family events for late updates🤧 trying to be regular now!

|••|

Feeling the sunlight on her face, Annika pulled the comforter completely over her but the next moment, it was removed from her face again. Groaning, she opened her eyes with a frown.

"Good morning Love", Shivaay greeted with a wide smile removing her frown and a lazy smile appeared on her lips.

"Morning babe", she wished back and a large yawn left her mouth. He placed her hand on her mouth turning her cheeks pink.

"Umm..don't do", she mumbled blushing and moved her face closer to his chest, hiding there. His chest vibrates as a chuckle left his mouth. He smiled wrapping her arm around his torso.

"It's 31st baby. Our first New Year together", is around the corner", he said kissing her nose gently. She smiled widely.

"I am excited for the evening", she said smiling. He tucked the hair strand behind her ear and looked at her smiling face.

"It will be special", he said hugging her to his chest. His fingers were moving inside the hair.

"This time it will be special for Arnav and Malika too, right? They are finally making their parents meet", Annika smiled widely.

"Arnav must be chilled out for now, I am little worried for Malika", he said and exhaled.

"One sec, shouldn't that be opposite?", she asked amused making him giggle.

"No, love. Malika's father is retired army officer. He is really strict and no nonsense man. Cherry on top, he is really possessive for his daughter", he said as Annika looked at him.

"Wow! She never told it. So, is it a point of being worried?", Annika asked again.

"I don't know.. I have never met him in person, just talked sometimes when Malika wants to avoid any function at her home town she makes me talk to them as her boss", he shook his head making her chuckle, "also after he know that I consider Malika as my sister, he is quite good with me", he added.

"I just hope he don't give tough time to Arnav", she sighed pulling the comforter to her chest.

"It will be great meet, pumpkin. Don't worry", he said pecking her forehead. She hummed keeping head on his shoulder and he pulled her closer to his chest.

Just as they were cuddling, they heard a knock on the door. She separated from him as he sighed and got up.

As he opened the door, he saw Rudy standing in front of him. He looked at Shivaay for a moment before grinning making Shivaay narrow his eyes.

"Good morning, Rudy", he said with a pause seeing his grin.

"Good morning bhaiya", he said with the same grin making Shivaay sighed and stand leaning to the door with arms crossed.

"What is it?", Shivaay asked with a serious face.

"Nothing much, I came to call you guys but I think you had a tiring night", he gave a teasing smile. Just then Shivaay looked at his half naked self.

"Hey! Shut up, you know I sleep without shirt", Shivaay scowled making Rudra giggle.

"Okay okay, come down soon. Uncle aunty and Malika didi's dad is coming today", Rudra said with a smile.

"Yeah, we're coming. How are you up so soon today, by the way?", Shivaay asked.

"Mom woke up me early saying I take most time to wake up. She asked me to wake up everyone", he pouted.