[Chapter: 36]

|••|

"That's why I said let's come with flight baby", Shivaay cribbed as their car started to stop working and after a while, it stopped.

"What's with this car of yours? Every damn time we face some problem", she frowned at him.

"Oh well, I think it doesn't like you sitting alone with me in long journey", he said making her look at him in disbelief.

"I- I mean this car is also enemy of our romance", he said fumbling and came out of the car. She rolled her eyes coming along with him.

They were on their way to Goa in his car, alone with their luggages as Annika wished for a road trip. He agreed having said that this will give him some personal time with his girlfriend. They're just few miles away from Goa when their car started showing tantrums.

"Damn it! Signal is also not visible in this area", he said and kicked on the tyre just to himself get hurt. She rushed towards him seeing him wincing lightly.

"Shivaay.. Relax. We'll get something", she said keeping hand on his shoulder and rubbed it softly.

"Where pumpkin? This area looks like remote", he said with a sigh looking away trying to catch some signal in his phone.

She sighed and took her phone trying to connect with any of their friends but faced the same issue. She was moving here and there when a small piece of brick came under her sandal.

"Shivaay", she called out loudly as she was about to fall because of imbalance. He turned immediately and held her hand pulling towards himself.

She bumped to him and because of the force, he sticked against the car with her in his arms.

"You seriously love falling or what? Har waqt girti padti rehti ho. You should sit inside right? But no! What if you would have fallen down. Lag jaati toh? This idea sucked of coming in car. I don't know if we're carrying first-", he stopped abruptly as she kept her finger on his lips.

"Kitna bolte ho! And then you say I am talkative", she said with a smile.

"Seriously Annika? Here I was worried that you may injure yourself and you're smiling", he frowned.

"Because unlike you, I remember our past", she said and twisted her mouth. He looked at her confused.

"What past?", he looked at her.

"Well when we're going to your farmhouse during the shoot. Remember your car got damaged like this only? I was about to fall then also..", she said softly.

He blinked and just then he remember the moments from that time. A smile came on his face.

"And then I said that same thing, that do you like falling", he added making her smile and nod chuckling.

"Exactly. That's why I was smiling that how far have we come. That day you're fighting, giving me sarcastic answer and today, you're worried that maybe I injure myself", she said smiling.

"Hey! I cared that time also, yeah just wasn't clear about the feelings so expressed it in anger", he defended himself making her chuckle and nod.

"But surely we have come long way. That time, I just pulled you up by your hands and now..", he wrapped his arms around her waist, "I can keep them around you, with all my rights", he added with a wink.

She blushed and nodded pecking his nose. He smiled rubbing his nose with hers.

"But I think, you should leave me. What if anyone see, I don't want us to come in the news in bizarre way", she said making him giggle and left her.