[Chapter: 40]

|••|

The sangeet ceremony went with a blast where everyone enjoyed it. Girls and boys group rocked in their performances setting the stage on fire. Arnav and Malika had a cute couple dance making everyone go awe over it. The function was intimate with just close family & friends.

Annika looked towards Shivaay as they all were having cocktail at the bar station with the to-be married couple. She has noticed throughout the party, he would go little lost in himself or look at her suddenly for a moment.

She sat down beside him and kept hand on his thigh making him look at her. He smiled softly and held her hand entwining fingers. She smiled back softly pressing his palm.

"You're fine?", she asked softly.

"I want to talk to you", he said immediately making her frown lightly in confusion but nodded. He nodded and got up holding her hand.

"Bhaiya! Where to, with didi?", Rudra asked with a teasing grin seeing the couple going towards the exit of entrance of hall.

"Ah! Let the couple have quality time Rudy", Om teased along. Girls giggled seeing Annika's cheeks getting red.

"It's nothing such guys", he said shaking head and goes out holding her hand. She chuckles going with him.

As they walked inside their room, she looked at him sighing which made her confused.

"Shivaay, is everything fine? You're looking worried and disturbed to me", she asked keeping hand on his shoulder. He turned around and held her hands.

"I want to talk to you over something", he said softly. She nodded.

"Remember your phone rang when you're getting ready and you asked me to pick up?", he asked. She nodded after a moment.

"Yeah. It was from some production house or spam? I forgot to ask you", she asked.

"It was not spam call but it was unknown number. I picked it up and from other side a man spoke. Before I could ask something, he started speaking and when he stopped I asked him who is he and he told me, he is your father", he said calmly.

Her calm face turned shocked and eyes widen in surprise. She looked at his face to see it neutral and calm but she could see little tinge of sadness in his eyes.

"Shivaay.. I-", she gulped not knowing what to say ahead. He sighed and rubbed his face with his palms.

"He even said that he is calling you since a month now but either you're rejecting them or ignoring them, that's why he had to call from unknown number", he said ahead.

She looked here and there feeling bad from hiding about it from him. She looked at him to see him looking towards her with hurt and questioning eyes.

"Why Annika? Why were you hiding it from me?", he asked softly. She sighed looking down.

"I..I didn't wanted to hide it from you Shivaay but I was not ready to make you meet my parents", she said slowly, looking at him.

"Annika! I won't have forced you to make me meet them baby. I respect your decisions, don't I?", he frowned at her with voice little raised.

"You do but I thought maybe you would want to meet them and I didn't wanted you to feel like I don't want you to make you meet my parents, where you have made me meet almost all your family", she confessed.

He sighed and looked away. She looked down with sadness forming in her eyes which didn't went unnoticed from his eyes. He sighed and walked to her.