[Chapter: 49]

|••|

Annika was sitting with her hands on her mouth while he was walking back and forth beside the bed. She startled as the phone started ringing again and she saw her mother calling again.

"Annika you need to pick it up", he said sighing and sat down beside her. She shook her head immediately moving closer to him.

"Baby listen to me", he cupped her cheeks making her look at him. He knew the moment is serious as he saw the fear in his eyes and anxiety on her face.

"Shivaay you're not understanding. My mom loves me but she always ignores my happiness, she does as she wants", she said with eyes getting filled with tears. He sighed pulling her to his chest.

"Baby you said right? You want to talk to your mom about us? You said right, you want to face her? Annika, this is the perfect time. Talk to her, talk to her about us", he said caressing her hair softly.

She looked up at him and sniffed blinking. He leaned kissing her between her eyebrows.

"I am with you baby, always beside you, holding onto you, on our relationship", he said softly making her gulp and nods slowly. At the moment, her phone started ringing again making her flinch but he was fast enough to calm her.

"I am here, just pick it up", he pecked her temple having her in his arms and she nodded taking her phone with shaky hands and picked up the call.

"He..hello..hello mom", she whispered clearing her throat. He was continuously rubbing her shoulder in comforting way.

"Hello Annika?!", came the voice of Lily D'souza, Annika's mother. Annika gulped licking her lips firmly hearing her voice.

"Yes mom it's me", she said meekly getting up. He sighed seeing her nervous face but didn't say anything.

"Where were you? I have been calling you since past 20 minutes", she heard her mom complaining from other side.

"I..I was in the bathroom mom, taking shower", she said excusing.

"At this time? Do you want to fall ill Annika? What if you get cold!", she sighed hearing her mom. She can complain or scold her on any topic.

"I won't mom, it was a hot shower. Why did you call?", she asked politely.

"Now can't I call my daughter? Is this what you have become Annika, talk to your mom like this?", she scolded again making Annika sigh and looks towards Shivaay who pecked her forehead gently.

"No mom. Sorry, I asked as you didn't called from few days. How are you?", she asked calmly.

"I am good and not good too. What am I hearing Annika!", she asked making Annika gulp.

"Wh..what?", she asked softly.

"That you're dating someone!", Lily said making Annika close her eyes tightly.

"Um..mom..I can explain", she said softly with a sigh.

"What will you explain? I always knew this will happen since we sent you to Mumbai", she said.

"Mom I didn't do anything wrong. He's really nice and he loves me!", Annika said sighing in disbelief.

"Annika but it's time for you to focus on your career. It's true I am still not fond of your career but that should be your only focus", Lily said from other side.