[Chapter: 35]

|••|

"Annika, Mal is calling you. Oh! Someone is looking extremely gorgeous", Shivaay walked inside his room to see his girlfriend getting ready. He wrapped his arms around her from behind earning a wide smile from her.

"Is it?", she asked with a small giggle applying the last coat of lipstick. He hummed kissing her cheek.

It's been a month since New Year. Malika and Arnav were finally get married in a week at a beach resort in Goa. It was their engagement ceremony this evening as everyone will be leaving for Goa next morning.

Annika along with Gauri and Bhavya went back to their penthouse, much to Shivaay's dismay. He asked her to stay at Oberoi mansion till wedding but because of impromptu shoot at a location near her home, she went back promising to spend ample time after the wedding ends.

Her arm and leg were completely fine now and she was thrilled to take part in her friends' wedding. She came early morning to Oberoi mansion for helping in the preparations. Shivaay was more than happy to see his girl smiling.

"How do I look?", she asked turning and taking a twirl with a smile.

She was wearing a deep blue chiffon ruffled saree with full sleeves blouse having embroidery on the wrist areas and an embroidered belt around waist. She kept her makeup simple with smoky eyes and light shade of lipstick. Her hair was straight having partition in between. Along with that, she wore a choker set and heels to complete her look.

"As I said, my gorgeous", he said coming ahead and wrapped arms around her waist. She smiled widely and kissed his cheek. He smiled holding her closer enjoying her soft kisses.

"You look no less, babe", she said admiring him. He was wearing a blue kurta along white nehru jacket over it, with trousers matching his kurta. He smiled pecking her forehead.

"You get ready fast, I am going to see what Malika needs", she said taking the tissue from dresser and wiped his lipstick smudged cheek.

"Hmm. Don't strain too much, you just overcame your injuries", he said kissing her forehead. She nodded humming.

"Your packings are done for Goa?", he asked as she was wearing her heels. The bright smile on her face faded hearing him and hummed again.

"I will go and see what Mal wants", she muttered and went out taking her phone. As she was going towards Malika's room, her phone started ringing making her anxious seeing the ID.

It was her father. She is getting the calls since the day she has official their relationship and she is either ignoring them or rejecting the calls as she was not ready yet to discuss her relationship with her parents.

She rejected the call and went ahead towards Malika bringing back the smile on her face. Being an actress, she has got pro in bringing sudden smiles. As she enter the room, Malika was walking across the room in a bathrobe biting her nails.

"Mal, what is this? You're not ready yet. I heard from Shivaay you're calling me", she asked coming in front of her.

"Actually Gauri is busy with Jhanvi aunty and Bhavya is helping Arnav I guess so I had to call you. Oh! You're looking beautiful in this saree Annika", Malika said in fast anxious voice.

"Thank you Mal. It's from your collection only", Annika said making Malika nod slightly.

"What happened?", she asked again.

"I am nervous", she said sitting on the chair with a huff, "I mean, everything will change after today, right?", she looked towards Annika.

"Malika, but it will change for good isn't?", Annika asked kneeling down to her, "you love Arnav and you always wanted to marry him. Your dream is coming true. You love each other, your families are happy. What else is needed?", she asked cupping her cheeks.